Need Bassy in ear earphones, please help!
Oct 28, 2016 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

alexwongr

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm looking for an in ear headphone that has:

Detachable cables
Lots of bass (I listen to edm and rap)
And it doesent matter if it's over ear
My budget is 350 CAD tops (300 USD)

If you suggest budget earphones that has the above that is fine too as I would like to save money

Thanks!

Oct 28, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #2 of 6
Sennheiser IE80's would fit that bill. They sound great with your preferred style of music and have tune-able bass settings. Do you have a DAC/Amp? I use my IE80's with my FiiO E17K and they get down with some EDM.

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #3 of 6
Hey thanks for the reply!

I have no idea what a DAC or amp is, but I'll be sure to look Into it. Is there any thing else at all? Maybe slightly cheaper? I'm definitely considering the ie80s.

Also is the price consistently at $318 CAD? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B005N8W27I/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477703204&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX280_SY350_QL65&keywords=Ie80&dpPl=1&dpID=41N47%2B9s9oL&ref=plSrch

Oct 29, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #4 of 6
DAC is Digital Audio Converter, which takes digital audio (mp3, flac, etc) stored on your device and turns it into an analog signal playable through speakers and headphones. Amp is headphone amplifier. There are a bunch of good threads here to read about why and which one to get, definitely worth a look.

As for the IE80's, even though you may find them cheaper in certain places, be sure to buy from a reputable site as there are a bunch of knock off IE80's.

For another option, you can check out https://www.trinityaudioengineering.com/, they get a lot of love around here. I haven't heard them yet, but I have their Phantom Master 4 on order. They have a couple priced less than the IE80.

Oct 30, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #6 of 6
I'd recommend the LEAR LHF-AE1d. It is priced around the IE 80 but has got the better bass speed, higher resolution and also sounds cleaner. In addition, the AE1d can also be tuned for a a more balanced signature if you want to whereas the IE 80 sounds always bassy (the Sennheiser's screw only affects the sub-bass whereas the LEAR's affects the entire bass).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back