Need bassy headphones
Nov 13, 2012 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

TheBaconMan

New Head-Fier
I have always used earphones, but want to give headphones a try. I currently have Atrio MG5's with MG7 drivers. They have served me for only 4 months and they just don't cut it. Good deep bass and mids but the highs are too high. I still fringe at every cymbal hit.

The overall sound quality just sounds cheap, not full enough.

I'm looking for headphones for $100-$175 that have lots of bass. Lots of deep and especially mid bass. I want the highs to be average, not a horror movie scream. The overall sound quality should sound full and worth my money. Also I need to be able to use these laying down. Big ones are ok but I don't want 5" drivers...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nov 13, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #2 of 16
Sounds like V-Moda Crossfade LP2 would be a good fit. Extremely strong midbass punch with also very strong and greatly extending subbass, highs are a little veiled in comparision to bass and mids which gives it a very "full" / meaty kind of sound to it which I think you're looking for, these can be turned up pretty loud without causing fatigue at the point it will slap your face with bass.

Nov 13, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #5 of 16
I have the Crossfade LP (not LP2) and it's about the bassiest headphone I have ever heard. It's only competition for that honor goes to the Klipsch Image One but it has semi-bright highs so it may not improve your situation.

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #8 of 16
Smaller portable: Phiaton MS400. Highs are more laid back. Bass and mids shine.

Slightly larger but still portable. I think you could lay down wearing them. UE6000. Highs are detailed but not harsh.

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #10 of 16
The Ultrasone HFI-580 have gobs of bass while staying quite polite to the midrange. I happen to be selling a pair with upgraded earpads :)

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #11 of 16
I actually just recieved my own pair of LP2s earlier this week, and I can confirm they are quite bassy. One draw back is if you have the volume up to a point where the bass is a nice punch to the side of the head and your song gets to a high point, like the dubstep I listen to it will come off slightly screechy.

I dont mind though, its dubstep, Im used to it :p

Burn in Ive heard fixes this issue though.

Nov 15, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:
I actually just recieved my own pair of LP2s earlier this week, and I can confirm they are quite bassy. One draw back is if you have the volume up to a point where the bass is a nice punch to the side of the head and your song gets to a high point, like the dubstep I listen to it will come off slightly screechy.

I dont mind though, its dubstep, Im used to it :p

Burn in Ive heard fixes this issue though.

I listen to music on my iPod Touch with the volume at about 75%.  With my current earbuds 50% sounds like my drivers are just cymbals.  Hell, the beats these replaced were better!  I'm talking the $120 iBeats too!  

Looking forward to these, based on what I see, the cord is removable?  If so, that is awesome.  

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #13 of 16
Yes the cord is removable from the left side of the headphones. You will be better off than I am with yours since you use use an up to date iPod, my iPod is not old enough to have the correct software to use the inline controls for the 3-button cable, and they do not work on my HTC.

I would suggest you burn your LP2s in with white/pink/brown noise, and the slight screech you may receive from things such as symbols or high frequencies in dubstep should be corrected.

Although as Val has actually mentioned a few times on these forums, as well as on the actual V-MODA site listening at that high of volume can damage your ears. It is your choice though, and I cant say I havnt listened at top volume on my computer. And believe me the bass really kicks, once you get them I could give you a few songs that Ive found that really bring out the bass. If you are interested send me a message!

Nov 17, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #15 of 16
Ultrasone Hfi-780 might be a good fit~~:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back