Need an MP3 replacement :'(
Nov 5, 2012 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

@@anderson@@

100+ Head-Fier

Anyone have any good suggestions for Mp3 player for under £100 ?

I think I will change onto something DAC when I head back to Hong Kong this xmas.  

I lost my good old reliable Telecast T51 
frown.gif

so I will need a replacement for it,

atm on my list are 

Sansa Clip Zip 4gb £25.61 + 32gb Micro SD Card £13.67 = 36gb for Just under £40

Sansa Clip +   4gb £22 Manufacturer refurbished.

Is there any other choices out there ? Apart from those two ? I won't mind if it is 2nd Hand.

And what are the main difference for them ?

I am still quite confusing on the Rockbox thing, so what does it actually do ?

My music collection are made up of APE/FLAC/WAV, so do I need to rockbox the Clip in order to support those formats ?

And I will be using my Vsonic Gr07

Thanks,

Anderson

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 6
You may also consider Colorfly C3 for that price.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/625893/review-colorfly-c3

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks, I think they are much cheaper and much easier access to when I head back to HK this xmas.
Just wandering how are the UI on the C3 ? And will it Pair with GR07 ?

The user interface is very easy to use, there's not much you can do wrong, smooth, fast, remembering the player is very simplified and only plays music, but it's the quality of the music that matters and C3 gives that in flocks for the price. I own a Clip+ and it's quite a noticable upgrade over the Sansa's. I also have a pair of GR07 MK2 and the pairing is great. If you have time read through the thread there's many of us agree GR07 creates excellent synergy with C3.

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
The user interface is very easy to use, there's not much you can do wrong, smooth, fast, remembering the player is very simplified and only plays music, but it's the quality of the music that matters and C3 gives that in flocks for the price. I own a Clip+ and it's quite a noticable upgrade over the Sansa's. I also have a pair of GR07 MK2 and the pairing is great. If you have time read through the thread there's many of us agree GR07 creates excellent synergy with C3.

WOW the C3 with 4gb are only £70 in Hong Kong and the 8gb ver. are only £80.
Looks like I will be heading for that one.
The other player I was looking at are the Colorfly CK4 Mod ver. have anyone looked into that ?

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #6 of 6
WOW the C3 with 4gb are only £70 in Hong Kong and the 8gb ver. are only £80.
Looks like I will be heading for that one.
The other player I was looking at are the Colorfly CK4 Mod ver. have anyone looked into that ?

We were just talking about the CK4 here, I'm about to buy one. :D It would be considered an upgrade over the C3 again.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/625893/review-colorfly-c3/555#post_8842407

Users who are viewing this thread

Back