Need an IEM for electronica and house music!
Dec 22, 2010 at 12:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kujo709

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for a great IEM for electronica, house, and dance music. Really something that will have full sounding bass with powerful mids and crisp his. I am willing to spend $150 and was thinking of getting UE triplefi 10s because a local store has them for $150 and I've heard rave reviews. any other suggestions? or should I just get the triplefis?

thanks in advance for your help

Dec 22, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #2 of 7
at $150 for electronic / house music, strongly consider the Munitio 9mm: http://munitio.com

they are the "fullest" sounding IEM's in this price class, you can't get better / deeper bass extension in an IEM that I've heard in this price range.  Electronic music is sick with these.  If the sound is a bit too "heavy" you can down the mids a bit which really brings the treble out even more.

There's an ongoing discussion in this thread where others have posted their impressions: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/517995/any-opinions-on-the-munitio-9mm-teknines-yet

25% off with coupon code "vibrato"

Monster Turbines are also a good pick in this price range, they also have strong bass, but IMHO the Munitios are better for electronic / house music (having A/B'd these two).

Dec 22, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 7
they look great and probably fit better than the triplefi 10s but in terms of sound quality for this genre would you recommend the munitos over the triplefi 10s?

also vibrato did not work as a valid coupon code

Dec 22, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #4 of 7
sorry, I haven't heard the UE's so I can't offer any personal info.  I've heard the Monster Turbines, the Shure e2c, and the V-Moda Vibe II among "quality" IEM's.  The Vibes are BY FAR the worst of the lot, not only do they not have bass, the treble was also harsh and annoying!  The Shures were wonderfully clear and smooth but had zero bass, so I would not recommend them for electronica / house or anything of the sort.

The Turbines and Munitios were very comparable, with the Munitios have more bass extension / slam whereas the Turbines were a bit "lighter" overall, while still having pretty good bass.

Quote:
also vibrato did not work as a valid coupon code

Weird, the "vibrato" coupon code just worked for me right now, I just tested it....

Dec 22, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #5 of 7
Just did a bunch of research on the 9mm and they sound like a great IEM for my application. Perhaps I was so enthusiastic about the triplefi 10s because of how incredible my experience has been with all of Logitech's products. I tried the coupon code and it worked this time after displaying a server error so maybe the site was glitching. Also, I must say $25 to ship IEMs is quite surprising. I think that if I don't get any members telling me to stick to the triplefi 10s I'll end up getting these. hopefully some more opinions will pool in for me to make a decision. Thanks for all your input

Dec 25, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #7 of 7
Well I ordered the Munito 9mms because they seemed like a better fit for the music I listen to and seems like you can get great balanced sound out of them with some EQing... Hopefuly when they come in Ill post you guys my impressions. If those impressions arent good, I think I'll be getting the triplefi 10s, but let hope that doesn't happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back