need amp recomendation
Dec 28, 2009 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ethan215

New Head-Fier
I recently got a pair of JVC HA-RX700's and I lote them when I'm listening to a stereo, but I'm dissasified with their sound on my iPod and computer. It might be my source (I'm using a 4th Generation Nano) and I might be getting a Zune HD in the future, so I have a few questions:

1. Would I need an amp to enjoy the HA-RX700's on a Zune HD?

2. If so, what amp would you recommend.

3. Is there an amp that could be used good for both the Nano and the Zune?

Sorry to ask so many things. Hope you can help.

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by hypertek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fiio e5 is probably the way to go. im thinking about getting one and those same headphones you have or the rx900s.

Fiio 5 can only give you bass colored. To some listener, it is a kind of sound degrade. If you really require a decent music enjoyment, please use the IPOD's line out and a decent AMP to hook with your phones.

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #5 of 6
i have the fiio e5 and never use the bass boost side of amp.the amp works great to get a bit of oomph when needed over stock.if you want more power than just the regular position most of the amps will gain if you slide the button 1/2 way to bass boost.for a lesser expensive amp it will do fine.it is nice to already have a rechargeable battery inside.

Jan 10, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethan215 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently got a pair of JVC HA-RX700's and I lote them when I'm listening to a stereo, but I'm dissasified with their sound on my iPod and computer. It might be my source (I'm using a 4th Generation Nano) and I might be getting a Zune HD in the future, so I have a few questions:

1. Would I need an amp to enjoy the HA-RX700's on a Zune HD?

2. If so, what amp would you recommend.

3. Is there an amp that could be used good for both the Nano and the Zune?

Sorry to ask so many things. Hope you can help.

bump

yes how would one go about portable amping the zune hd

3.5 to 3.5 ,, im not sure if zune has input or whatever?

same with the cowon s9 how would you amp that thing

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back