Need advice
Jul 30, 2020 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

KahS

New Head-Fier
Hi All,
I am new to the audio world and would like some advice.
I am using Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro (32 Ohm) on my MacBook Pro (using the headphone jack) and playing music from Apple Music.
I have noticed the last few seconds of many songs seems to be out of tune or wobbly.
Is that due to the headphone or it’s something a amp/dac that will help.
Thanks for your advice.

Jul 31, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #2 of 9
This is odd! Can you give me one song that does it so I can check it out? Does it do it when a song is fading out at the end only or just any song at the end, Fading out or not?

You can try to do some test with another music service if you can to see if it has anything to do with an Apple music setting or anything. Some kind of automix or song mixing for song transitions.

We have to isolate the source of the issue first, the we can look into fixing it!

Jul 31, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #3 of 9
Hi All,
I am using Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro (32 Ohm) on my MacBook Pro (using the headphone jack) and playing music from Apple Music.
I have noticed the last few seconds of many songs seems to be out of tune or wobbly.
Thanks for your advice.
I would assume it's not the headphones or the Macbook's headphone jack.
Maybe Apple Music is not using a perfect copy of the song (guessing)
Try getting a 256K-320K mp3 or ALAC music file and play it straight from your Macbook, see if you still have the issue.

Me, I would replace the DT770 headphones anyway, but not because of the music "issue".
Just think there are better headphones for music.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #6 of 9
This is odd! Can you give me one song that does it so I can check it out? Does it do it when a song is fading out at the end only or just any song at the end, Fading out or not?

You can try to do some test with another music service if you can to see if it has anything to do with an Apple music setting or anything. Some kind of automix or song mixing for song transitions.

We have to isolate the source of the issue first, the we can look into fixing it!

Thanks the reply.
I tried playing Avril Lavigne's Complicated via Apple Music on my MacBook Pro and IPhone and also the MTV via YouTube () on Safari I can hear it during the fading out.
I have check that fadeout option is not enabled on Apple Music.

Any further advice is greatly appreciated.

Aug 1, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #8 of 9
Hi All,
Thanks for your advice.

That sounds more like a software problem since any issue with power delivery would have come up in any part other than just the end. Like at the climax of songs where you have a lot of instruments playing and some notes require more current to reproduce for example.

Aug 2, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #9 of 9
One way to identify where the issue lies is to try some different sources. For example, when you play the songs from sources other than apple music do you have any issues? This can help identify if its apple music or not specifically. If you use a different pair of headphones (do you have one? can you borrow) do you have the same issue? Same thing from a different pc or laptop? The more you can troubleshoot these things the easier it is to determine if its the software, computer settings, hardware, cables, or headphones. Try swapping out as many things one at a time as you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back