Need Advice
May 3, 2006 at 6:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Kasp3r

500+ Head-Fier
My plans have changed, I am now on a limited budget...

I need a DAP that is Under 100 Dollars and 1-2 Gigs.
Something like this...http://www.wiredzone.com/itemdesc.as...e=priceGrabber
That be nice if anyone knows a 2 gig one that is a little bit more..

Also I need IEMs, and I can also spend around 100 bucks. Portable
biggrin.gif
, no Micsphonics sounds, black, easy to buy earsets, not powerhungry, comfortable.

i know I made a topic on another DAP but my new plans have changed...well thanks.

May 3, 2006 at 7:36 AM Post #2 of 12
Excellent choice if you're on a budget -- really good value. I've found that I use my Zen Nano often, even with more than one other player to choose from. Very easy to use, very portable, sounds pretty good, uses rechargeable AAAs if you want to use them instead of disposables. I haven't tried powering "big" headphones with it, but it does fine with canal phones/IEMs.

If you want to go out on a limb -- the 2.5GB Rio ce2100 (the ill-timed "half-capacity" version of the Rio Carbon) is available, new, in at least one place that I've seen -- the Wherehouse music store, in California. They have the good-looking black version and the weird pale green -- for something like $79 after rebate ... pretty good for 2.5GB and a good DJ function. My 5GB Carbon is a sweet player, and I had paid full price when it came out in 2004. I got a friend the 2.5GB as a first hard-drive player, and it has caused her zero problems and is used daily. So that's something for people to think about ...

May 3, 2006 at 7:45 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead
Excellent choice if you're on a budget -- really good value. I've found that I use my Zen Nano often, even with more than one other player to choose from. Very easy to use, very portable, sounds pretty good, uses rechargeable AAAs if you want to use them instead of disposables. I haven't tried powering "big" headphones with it, but it does fine with canal phones/IEMs.

If you want to go out on a limb -- the 2.5GB Rio ce2100 (the ill-timed "half-capacity" version of the Rio Carbon) is available, new, in at least one place that I've seen -- the Wherehouse music store, in California. They have the good-looking black version and the weird pale green -- for something like $79 after rebate ... pretty good for 2.5GB and a good DJ function. My 5GB Carbon is a sweet player, and I had paid full price when it came out in 2004. I got a friend the 2.5GB as a first hard-drive player, and it has caused her zero problems and is used daily. So that's something for people to think about ...

ohh yeah the zen is pretty cool for the price. I have never tried a Rio before.

btw the zen, is it drag and drop or you have to install software etc?

May 3, 2006 at 8:00 AM Post #4 of 12
May 3, 2006 at 1:06 PM Post #5 of 12
May 3, 2006 at 5:49 PM Post #7 of 12
I have an iAudio flash player, too (the iAudio 5) ... the sound is really excellent. Not as easy to use as the Creatives (very "busy" screen with lots of information and icons), and usually more expensive ... but it would depend on your budget and what kind of deal you could get.

Also, do you need video in a tiny flash player, or are you just interested in audio? Would you want to use AAAs (the iAudio 5), AAs (the G3/G2) or built-in battery (U2 and U3)?

But the Creative would be a solid pick.

May 3, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #8 of 12
Im just looking for an audio player right now..

Im thinkin of getting the Creative but it says for the mp3 that it can only play MPEG Audio Layer 3, so that means anything above 124 kb/s I cant play on it..

I like how it is drag and drop, 2.0 usb, and AAA.

But I still want drag and drop, 2.0 usb, EQ settings, AAA, AA or rechargeable..

dunno if there is one out there lol. or u2 have eq and the stuff above?

May 3, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasp3r
Im thinkin of getting the Creative but it says for the mp3 that it can only play MPEG Audio Layer 3, so that means anything above 124 kb/s I cant play on it..

Huh? Where'd you get that idea from? MPEG Audio Layer 3 = MP3. A creative mp3 player can play up to 320kb/s no problem.

May 4, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #11 of 12
opps lol I think I mis read something
icon10.gif

I have good news...I just did some work for my uncle got enough money for a x5L
smily_headphones1.gif
but no headphones
frown.gif
but Ill just save up 80 bucks which wont take me too long. buahha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back