Need Advice, Sennhesier Mx 475 vs Baldoor e100
May 17, 2015 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Prado

New Head-Fier
Need Advice
Currently i'm using Apple Earpods from my iPhone 6

need to replace that earphone, need better quality.. on the other hand my budget for earphone is Low (under 40  USD)
i Live in Asia

Music that i Like to Listen :

1. EDM : hardwell, Van Buuren, Alesso, Avicii, Steve Aoki, Martin Garrix, David Guetta, etc
  2. Pop : Taylor Swift, Lenka, S.H.E, Rannie Yang, Richard Marx, dll
  3. Rock : Linkin Park

Any Advice Which earphone should i buy ?
or do you have another idea ? just mention it here

FYI
Sennheisser Mx 475 Cost here 32 USD
Baldoor E100 Cost 22 USD

Please Your Advice

PS : Sorry For My Limited English

May 18, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 12
Hi Prado! Welcome to Head-Fi!

What is it about the Earpod that you feel can be improved? Both of the earbuds you listed will sound more open and 'big', but the Earpods sound thicker and more condensed.

Comparing the MX475 and E100, I feel the Sennheisers are the more balanced of the two, but I think the bass response of the Baldoor will better suit your genre tastes.

May 18, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 12
Hi Prado! Welcome to Head-Fi!

What is it about the Earpod that you feel can be improved? Both of the earbuds you listed will sound more open and 'big', but the Earpods sound thicker and more condensed.

Comparing the MX475 and E100, I feel the Sennheisers are the more balanced of the two, but I think the bass response of the Baldoor will better suit your genre tastes.

hai Kjk1281

Thank you For Replied, yes Apple Earpod Only Good at bass, but the treble and Soundstage is Boring, and it's tiring your mind if you listen too long..

anyway, have you Tried Listen From Both of These Earbuds ? (sen mx 475 and e100)

i prefer Mx 475 because its Warranty (2 years Replace new one), it would Give Me Peace Of Mind
on the other side baldoor e100 Only 6 Months (durability of this product i still have no idea)

how about the bass ? is Mx 475 bass is similiar to apple earpods ? or even better ?

May 18, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 12
I agree with you about the soundstage and the fatigue with the Earpods.

I do have both the E100 and MX475; is there anything else about them you'd like me to compare?

The bass on the MX475 will be tighter and less warm than the Apple, and the Sennheiser should sound clearer as well.

May 18, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #5 of 12

I do have both the E100 and MX475; is there anything else about them you'd like me to compare?

The bass on the MX475 will be tighter and less warm than the Apple, and the Sennheiser should sound clearer as well.

1. How About Sennheiser CX 200 ii Street ? i've never own IEM before

2. is mx 475 an upgrade from Apple earpods ?

3. Someone from another Forum Suggest me Edifier h180, is it worth upgrade from apple earpods ?

anyway do you like to listen EDM songs ?
ex : alesso - city of dreams, Avicii - wake me up

If so, do you enjoy it with mx475 ?

any answer will be appreciated

May 18, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #6 of 12
  1. I haven't heard the CX200, but I did have the CX150, CX250, and CX215. All three were bassy though the CX215 was the most balanced. The issue I have with them in your case is that the soundstage is kind of small.
  2. I can't speak for anyone else, but to me, yes I do think they are an upgrade as they are clearer, more open, and more neutral.
  3. Sorry, I don't have the Edifier so I can't say.

I don't own either track (though I am familiar with Avicii) so I had to listen on YouTube, but I feel the MX475 sounds nice on "Wake Me Up", but "City of Dreams" could probably could use something with a bit more bass.

May 21, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #7 of 12

Hey kjk1281, do you think I could get a more detailed comparison of the Earpod vs E100?

I've been using my Earpods for outdoor stuff like biking, running, or snowboarding. I love that they have the 3 button remote and mic, I can still hear my surroundings, and they're compatible with helmets, sunglasses, and goggles. I'd say the sound is adequate with an equalizer, but there's definitely room for improvement.

It sounds like the E100 might be a decent step up from the Earpods in terms of SQ while still meeting all those other criteria. I'm curious how the bass extension, treble extension and overall balance compares, and any other notable differences between the two. I want something that's exciting and non-fatiguing to listen to. I'm less concerned about stage, imaging, or extreme analytics given my use case.

May 22, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #8 of 12
With the E100 the BIGGEST issue with them is fit. For me they fit "right" and sound absolutely amazing. My favorite headphone I've ever owned and total end game...well for right now that is. Check my feedback just to see a peak of what I've owned. Some of the greatest don't compare.

However, I've found that with the E100 you either get excellent sound or...you don't. Even from those that say they get good sound I can tell from their descriptions that they aren't getting what I am.

So yeah, I would say that unless you're broke as hell for the $15 or so they're going for...what's the harm in trying them anyways? You might get lucky and find your end game in the very beginning of you headphone journey!

May 22, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #9 of 12
Hey kjk1281, do you think I could get a more detailed comparison of the Earpod vs E100?

I've been using my Earpods for outdoor stuff like biking, running, or snowboarding. I love that they have the 3 button remote and mic, I can still hear my surroundings, and they're compatible with helmets, sunglasses, and goggles. I'd say the sound is adequate with an equalizer, but there's definitely room for improvement.

It sounds like the E100 might be a decent step up from the Earpods in terms of SQ while still meeting all those other criteria. I'm curious how the bass extension, treble extension and overall balance compares, and any other notable differences between the two. I want something that's exciting and non-fatiguing to listen to. I'm less concerned about stage, imaging, or extreme analytics given my use case.

The E100 sounds much more lively, open, and airy, while the Earpods have a thicker, more laid-back presentation. In terms of frequency, the E100 is the more balanced of the two with perhaps a slight emphasis on bass and treble with better high frequency extension with darker, bassier Earpod having better deeper lows but also much more of it. The E100 is definitely the more "exciting" and detailed of the two, but it's not as smooth as the Earpod.

Another option that gives a aural presentation in between the two would be something from the Sennheiser / adidas sports line, though I'm not sure if there's something that would work with your helmet and other gear. The one issue that might present itself with the E100 (as AndroidVageta touched on) is whether they will stay in the ear during activity.

May 22, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #10 of 12
Awesome, thanks for the side by side! I was kind of hoping for better bass extension, but it sounds like the E100 might be worth a listen anyway especially considering the price. I'm thinking deeper bass might be asking too much of an earbud since they have tiny drivers and virtually no seal. Unfortunately IEMs are out because I don't like sticking things in my ear canals and they generally isolate too much. Over-ears without a headband might work, but I'm not sure if they'd be compatible with the other equipment I wear. If the Koss KSC75 had the 3 button iPhone remote, I'd probably give it a shot at least.

Dec 30, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #12 of 12
Just to point out the bass on the E100 is in a completely different league to the EarPods and in no way compares as the person above is suggesting.

The bass on the E100 (if you get a "good" pair) is pretty much completely different then anything I've heard. The only IEM I've owned that has more bass is the JH16's but those are way too bloated and sloppy. 

These are still, after all this time, my favorite headphone I've ever owned. Feel free to check by trader feedback for a glimpse of what I've owned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back