Need advice on this build. Schiit Ragnarok with Gungnir with Senn.HD650.
Sep 6, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #16 of 21
Consider first what you want to do and how you would like to use headphones. You could get a whole setup of

* DAP
* headphone amp for DAP (if you need it for the headphones you get)
* IEMs or better pair of closed headphones for portable use
* good speakers for your computer setup if you don't have any yet
* a decent dac/amp for use with a phone
* if you like to play computer games, a sound card to connect to your DAC/headphone amp to get virtual surround

And still have money left over for open headphones as good as you are considering, or even a step up, and a decent DAC/headphone amp

Sep 6, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #17 of 21
Consider first what you want to do and how you would like to use headphones. You could get a whole setup of

* DAP
* headphone amp for DAP (if you need it for the headphones you get)
* IEMs or better pair of closed headphones for portable use
* good speakers for your computer setup if you don't have any yet
* a decent dac/amp for use with a phone
* if you like to play computer games, a sound card to connect to your DAC/headphone amp to get virtual surround

And still have money left over for open headphones as good as you are considering, or even a step up, and a decent DAC/headphone amp

After a tire day of school i would like to......
I don't need a dap.
I would love to sit at my computer desk and listen to music through headphones. 
I want full size headphones, i'm gonna station at one place.
I want open headphones
I already have pc speakers
I will not use the headphones with my cell-phone.
I will station at my pc, will not need mobile
I would love to get the best bang out of my rig.
I do have already a Asus Xonar STX in my pc. Pairing it with Audio technica m50x.

I enjoy many headphones such as. These listed are the highlights of my headphone experience. 

1. Hifiman 400 paired with EF-5. (least enjoy)
2. Grado RS1i paired with Asus Xonar STX (mid enjoy)
3. Audeze XC paired with modi/magni uber   (highly enjoy)

I would prefer the Audeze lcd sound signature the most. I would like tot stick with LCD X, XC, or 3F.

I never listen to amp pass the magni/modi range besides the EF-5. 

Can you recommend the best bang for your buck amp and dac for my situation.

Thanks and i hope this time will be better. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 6, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #18 of 21
3. Audeze XC paired with modi/magni uber   (highly enjoy)

I would prefer the Audeze lcd sound signature the most. I would like tot stick with LCD X, XC, or 3F.

There you go. Then focus on those headphones. Like Youth said

The audio setup is suposed to be build arround the headphone, not the other way arround. So instead of buying expensive DAC/amp and then add a flagship later on I think you should start with the headphone and then take it from there. 

The best bang for your buck is from the headphones, and there are greatly diminishing rates of return from spending more on the electronics. Get the LCDs you want. Spend a few hundred on the DAC/amp (don't need to spend $3000), and you'll have that sound you want :)

Sep 6, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #19 of 21
There you go. Then focus on those headphones. Like Youth said
The best bang for your buck is from the headphones, and there are greatly diminishing rates of return from spending more on the electronics. Get the LCDs you want. Spend a few hundred on the DAC/amp (don't need to spend $3000), and you'll have that sound you want
smily_headphones1.gif

You have made me smarter! Thanks Pal 
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back