Need Advice on IEMs
Oct 12, 2009 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bestrolledLs

New Head-Fier
Well after about a week or so reading just about every post on here about IEMs around 100 dollars I still cannot make up my mind.

Originally i purchased a pair of skullcandy FMJ's (I cancelled the order before they were even shipped after reading about them on here) Then I started to lean towards the JAYS d-jays which I still really like, but I can only find them for $125 bucks on amazon.

now Im beginning to lean towards etys ER6i's, but I am hesitant to pull the trigger due to a lot of people saying there is a severe lack of bass. I listen to all kinds of music ranging from ambient to hip-hop. Recently I have found myself listening to more Hip-Hop which is why if the bass is to weak I feel I will be disappointed.

another important factor to consider is that I want to be able to sleep in them, so they cant stick out to much or be uncomfortable.

Anyways I am open for any suggestions and appreciate your input.

Oct 12, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #3 of 6
Ironically as I read that I was reading about the Denons, they sound very promising but do seem to be a bit bulky.

I am actually very interested in the Audio Technicas CKS70s anyone have any opinions on those?

Oct 12, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #4 of 6
6is for hip-hop? No.

I learned that all mid-line phones do something badly, so you have to pick your flaws. Unless you're listening to hip-hop heavily laced with acoustics--like, say, The Roots--you can sacrifice a super-accurate instrumental presentation.

Cheat Sheet: Senn CX500, Nuforce NE-6/7, Denon C551 (haven't heard the 7xx's. Plan to get some soon.)

By the way, that sleeping-with-your-phones idea, just sounds like trouble.

Oct 12, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #6 of 6
Hope you will like these and if not then try S70 which has really large n fuller soundstage with deep punchy bass and it's exceeds IE8 in these two areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back