Need advice for JVC HA-FX700 vs Panasonic RP-HJE900 (users who have listened to both extensively)
Feb 7, 2013 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pokpokgei

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

right now i am contemplating a purchase between the HJE900 and FX700. i will need all the details and advice i can get before i waste my money again.

background:
i own the panasonic hje270 and i love the natural sounding mid bass that has adequate quantity, quality. love the sub-bass that has adequate rumble. overall sound has a good decay/fade out, rather unique feature of the panasonics earphones i believe. overall sound maintains tone accuracy even when volume is turned up, no metallic or changes to tone of bass, mids, treble, no piercing sound when volume turned up. fatigue free for 6 to 8 hour nonstop listening. sibilant treble but never piercing which makes it tolerable.

sunrise xcape impressive edition = too wide separation between instrument and vocal making it seem unrealistic sounding and overall slightly veiled.
sunrise xcited (20 hours burnt in, still burning them further) = bass is unnatural sounding and significantly lesser in quantity compared to hje270. sub-bass is lacking in quantity compared to hje270. highs too sparkly, better clarity than the panasonic hje270 but too fatiguing for long hour listening, treble piercing to ears (deal breaker) if volume is raised.

Feb 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #3 of 6
i've gone ahead to purchase the hje900 on the sole fact that people have reviewed and said that fx700 cannot handle volume increases. 

my faith is in the panasonic even if it is muddier in comparison, as i have the hje270 and they are fatigue free even though a little muddy but still fun to listen to, good sparkle in treble, detailed mids and most importantly very low fatigue for long hour listening and can handle volume increase without any of the mid,bass,treble distorting or becoming piercing sounding to the ears.

sigh, bought 3 iems in 2 weeks, im officially crazy.

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #4 of 6
i've gone ahead to purchase the hje900 on the sole fact that people have reviewed and said that fx700 cannot handle volume increases. 

my faith is in the panasonic even if it is muddier in comparison, as i have the hje270 and they are fatigue free even though a little muddy but still fun to listen to, good sparkle in treble, detailed mids and most importantly very low fatigue for long hour listening and can handle volume increase without any of the mid,bass,treble distorting or becoming piercing sounding to the ears.

sigh, bought 3 iems in 2 weeks, im officially crazy.

LOL@officialy crazy, IMO different IEMs have different tunning and many of us want to buy many IEMs at once because they serve few genres music better than others like UM3X, SE535 mids forward, ER4P/S, CK10 most extended highs, FX700, IE8, UE TF10, GR07 deep tight bass, wider sounstage. IMO you made right decision (about buying HJE900) because FX700 offers signature warm bright(close to Grado)sound due to wood housing and slower but deep reverbing bass with bright extended highs and great mid details and wider soundstage.

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
LOL@officialy crazy, IMO different IEMs have different tunning and many of us want to buy many IEMs at once because they serve few genres music better than others like UM3X, SE535 mids forward, ER4P/S, CK10 most extended highs, FX700, IE8, UE TF10, GR07 deep tight bass, wider sounstage. IMO you made right decision because FX700 offers signature warm bright(close to Grado)sound due to wood housing and slower but deep reverbing bass with bright extended highs and great mid details, wider soundstage.

i bought the hje900 bro not fx700. 

and no i wasnt buying for different tuning, i bought all 3 in search for the best u shape tuned earphone. thats why i said crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back