Need advice for buying a headphone in 300$ price range.
May 31, 2015 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Arkanath

New Head-Fier
I have been using the bose QC15 for around 2 years now. They are great for noise reduction but I am looking forward to a better sounding headphone. I am not a huge fan of bass, I want clean acoustics and natural sound. I was looking forward to ATH M50X or HD558 but I was wondering if something better is up in the market. I don't mind increasing my price range if the quality also increases substantially. 

May 31, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #5 of 8
  Thanks, will check that out. Also, I will be using it only with my macbook pro as of now. So no need of amps or monitoring capabilities.

I tried the Classic at a hi-fi show, it was Focal's second room in the hotel (both of them huge) and this one had the HT system blaring out Battleship (the one where a WW2 ship somehow stood a chance against an alien warship). I can still hear everything clearly out of my SGS3, at least considering the racket in the background that makes for a lot more noise than what one would encounter if the headphones are used in a more realistic sense (I mean, would you sit by the window while someone's using a jackhammer on the pavement?). The MacPro should drive them a lot better than the SGS3.

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #6 of 8
You might also like the NAD HP50: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/i-love-these-headphonesthe-nad-viso-hp50

Was just about to recommend the same thing!

I am not a huge fan of bass, I want clean acoustics and natural sound.

Viso HP50 will suite you quite well I'm sure... At 300$ those are the best I've heard, the only problem can be if you are huge basshead, which you are not, so be sure to check them out

Jun 7, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #7 of 8
  Was just about to recommend the same thing!

Viso HP50 will suite you quite well I'm sure... At 300$ those are the best I've heard, the only problem can be if you are huge basshead, which you are not, so be sure to check them out

Cool. After some research I am confused between 3 options. NAD VISO HP50, SRH1440 and DT880. Which one do you think I should go for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back