1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Need a portable amp suggestion for Shure SE530, Shure SRH 940 headphones. Iphone / Cowon J3 pmp.

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by serket, Jun 3, 2011.
  1. Serket
    Hey guys, first post on these boards.

Was looking to get some suggestions on the best possible amp for this combo. Headphones in question: Shure SE530, and Shure SRH940. I prefer to use my J3 as my main pmp of choice. However, if you guys have had better experiences with the Iphone (its a 3g =\) then feel free to give any advice you can for that too.

I listen to pretty much all genres. But mainly, I listen to classical, pop, hip hop, rap, trance.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

EDIT: It's actually the se530! I keep calling them 535s for whatever reason T_T.

2. gandalfsmother
    I am also looking for a recommendation for a reasonably priced headphone amp to use with the SE530's and an iPod classic. I have generally heard great things about the Fiio E11, but both reviews I have read which couple it with SHURE IEM's have reported unbearable distortion! Could anyone please advise.