Need a pic of Sony MDR-10RNC for soldering help
Jul 2, 2014 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TheTodd

Head-Fier
Hello,

I just recently acquired a pair of Sony MRD-10RNC and its missing the Positive and Negative leads for the noise canceling.   I was just wondering if someone could maybe take a pic of the board inside for me so I know where to solder some new leads onto the board and get them working properly.  I tried searching but couldn't find anything

Edit: I ended up finding where the positive lead goes for the battery now I just need to figure out where to solder the ground wire. I cant just solder it to any ground or neutral cause ill get interference out of the left or right speaker.  Again a pic would be great and very helpful or I guess I can just start trying out different grounds until I get it lol

I have tried out different grounds and still cant find out exactly where it needs to go.  when I turn the noise canceling on I get a faint hum out of the right side and the music at that point sounds distorted badly and just all around horrible. when I turn the noise canceling switch off and both the left and right side sound normal like they should.

if anyone can provide me with a picture of where the leads are soldered to from the battery compartment that would be much appreciated.  

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #2 of 6
Bump :)

Jul 20, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #3 of 6
Darn, if only I had the 10RNC - I got the circuit-free 10R instead. 

Firstly, how were the positive and negative leads missing? Did they break? Any pictures?

The lithium ion battery's negative terminal is a good ground for non-audio applications.

Jul 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #4 of 6
I bought them off eBay for super cheap. I have added the terminals to it and got the actual noise cancellation to function but it sounds all groggy and horrible and there is a hum. so I know im on the right track. other than that they sound great when the noise cancelling switch isn't flipped

Jul 20, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #5 of 6
  I bought them off eBay for super cheap. I have added the terminals to it and got the actual noise cancellation to function but it sounds all groggy and horrible and there is a hum. so I know im on the right track. other than that they sound great when the noise cancelling switch isn't flipped

Is there a chance that the circuit board was faulty in the first place, and that's why the terminals were removed?

Jul 21, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #6 of 6
Yeah I would certainly say there is that chance, I just would have thought the original owner would try to utilize his/hers warranty.   I would love to find out those solder locations so I could be sure either way.  I have a felling that I may have to scrounge up the money to buy another pair, ones that are working good. I just don't want to spend that type of money on something I probably wont get a return on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back