Need a PCDP (All the info you need inside)
Jun 6, 2004 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

puppet

100+ Head-Fier
Stuff that i want

-punchy bass, the player will be used with the Shure E2c, and Senn PX100.

-overal good sound quallity not just the bass

-Not a requirement by far, but it would be nice if it looked somewhat cool, basically all sonys look good.

-it should have an lcd screen with menu`s and lots of features.

-Needs to play MP3`s

Just reccomend stuff that fits in there.

I have been looking at the Sony D-NE300 . Does that fit all the requrments and is it the best in the $40-$70 price range.

Jun 6, 2004 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 6
i saw the Sony D-NE300 at mejer for $60 is that about the cheapest i can get it.

i looked on the net and didnt find it any cheaper, is that the lowest price.

Jun 7, 2004 at 6:43 AM Post #5 of 6
I got mine at Wal-Mart for $50.
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2004 at 7:02 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by puppet
-punchy bass, the player will be used with the Shure E2c, and Senn PX100.

-overal good sound quallity not just the bass

-Not a requirement by far, but it would be nice if it looked somewhat cool, basically all sonys look good.

-it should have an lcd screen with menu`s and lots of features.

-Needs to play MP3`s

I'm afraid that you'll always have to make compromises. Sony or Denon vintage pcdps have the best overall sound quality and a punchy bass (I only read about the Denon, never heard one personally). My Sony D-211 or D-311 clearly outclass my Slimx 350, which on the other hand can play mp3s. The reason simply is that the manufactures are sacrificing sound quality for battery life and fancy features. You've probably already read Duncan's review about pdcps, if not it's in the featured reviews section.

The Sonys you've mentioned sound pretty good and I hope I'll get a chance to try them out sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back