Need a new source? Pay it forward....
Apr 21, 2004 at 2:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JMT

JMT Audio:PPA/META42 Amp Factory
Ok, here's the deal. I have an old Sony CDP-345 five disc changer that I use for my home office listening rig. I know, not close to being "audiophile" but it serves the purpose. I also use it as the source when I test amps. It works flawlessly, and I even know where the remote is.

My parents got me a 400 disc mega-changer for my birthday and I have been trying to figure out where to use it (my sources in my main rig are the Meridian 507 and a Sony SCD-C555ES, so it won't be in the main rig). I've decided to use the jukebox in my home office. Therefore the CDP-345 is expendable.

My offer is to someone here who needs something better than what they have. For free, I will even ship it to you. Shipping will be by the least expensive means possible and only to a U.S. address (my apologies to our overseas and Canadian friends but shipping outside the U.S. would get too costly).

I have two requirements:
  • I really would like someone starting out in this hobby, that has a lesser source than the Sony, to be able to take advantage of this.
  • "Pay it forward." Whomever I select, I would ask that you do something nice for someone too. Buy someone lunch, donate some time to charity, give some $$ to cause that helps those less fortunate than us....you know what I mean.

I will give this thread a week to run and make a decision. It will be competely subjective and it may take a while for me to get it shipped. If no one wants it, I'll probably just box it up and stuff it in my already crowded garage.

Apr 26, 2004 at 8:33 PM Post #3 of 5

JMT

JMT Audio:PPA/META42 Amp Factory
The player will have a new home shortly. I wish I could have given one to all that inquired, unfortunately that is not possible.

Apr 27, 2004 at 4:01 AM Post #4 of 5

SouthPaW1227

100+ Head-Fier
Huge props to JMT for this!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread