Need a MP3 with multiple playlist and lossless support
Jan 15, 2009 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

emofruit

New Head-Fier
As title says, I need one with .flac support, and multiple playlists. A decent sized flash player would be nice, but I don't mind a HD player either.

I plan on using it with a pair of crappy SkullCandy headphones I have and a CMOY amp (only for casual listening while I'm not at home, IE : trips on the train)

I was looking at the Creative Zen and the Cowon, but they both lack features I want. Apparently the Zen doesn't support .flac, and it is troublesome to get multiple playlists on the Cowon.

I don't mind dealing with software, as long as it doesn't organize my music for me. I'll organize my own music, thank you. (I hate iTunes).

Also, looking for a player that doesn't cheap out on build and sound quality.

Jan 15, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #2 of 3
I know of four options:
-Used Rio Karma
-Used TrekStor vibez
-Rockbox
-Or join the few remaining optimists that believe the new flash vibez will actually be available someday somewhere.

Have to correct myself, don't the Sansa Fuze and/or Clip support flac now? I'm sure there are others, too.

Jan 15, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubenNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
don't the Sansa Fuze and/or Clip support flac now?

Affirmative. I got my Fuze today; charging the battery took two hours and it's been playing since, with pause for firmware update because out of the box it wouldn't recognize my flac. But it does now.

It's cheap but doesn't sound like it. Tiny and light, nice tactile with clean sleek design and not least a micro-SD port.

Aside,

The screen is smallish; perfectly adequate for lists but I can't recommend it for photos; jaggies and posterization all over the place, which may or may not be much alleviated if you bother to run a resize and advanced sharpening such as photokit on your gallery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back