need a little help recabling some noise-canceling headphones
Aug 8, 2006 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

soloz2

Headphoneus Supremus
well my sister's pair of Phillips HN50 noise canceling headphones has a loose connection and the left side keeps cutting out on her. So I picked her up some HD202's to tide her over and told her that I'd try to fix hers. I figured it would be a good first pair of headphones to recable because they were already 'broken' so if I screw up no big deal.

I got them in the mail today along w/ the SPC i ordered from navships on ebay. and I opened up the headphones to take a look at what I could see to find that each side has 4 wires running to them... it would appear that 2 go to each speaker and 2 go to the outside... I assume this is a second speaker of sorts that supplies the noise supression.

My sister said that she would like to be able to use the noise canceling if at all possible, but I told her I'd have to see what I found.

So here are some pics and any help would be much appreciated!

img233111by1.jpg

img233221nz3.jpg

img233331wr8.jpg

Aug 9, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 3
ahh thanks. well i didn't play w/ them before taking them apart but my sister said that the left side cut out and if she held the wire right where it went into the headphones she could get the left side to work... so I'm pretty sure it's the wireing.

so, basically if I run 8 wires up and keep track I can recable the whole thing... or I can use 4 wires and just hook up the speakers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back