Need a good Set of earphones With Lots of bass!
Oct 7, 2008 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

kfxridder480

New Head-Fier
hey guys im currently using skullcandy inkd, and i personally thing they are great for 15$ except now mine are blown, i tried the fmj for 50 but the inkd still sounded better, also i tried a pair of 50$ sony earbuds and those sounded terrible comapred to 15$ skullcandys. im just looking for suggestions on a good pair of earphones that have lots of bass, sound clear, and are really loud, so far i cant seem to find any and i would like to know if anyone has tryed to bose earphones and if so how do they compare to the skullcandy inkd. thanks

Oct 7, 2008 at 6:46 AM Post #4 of 29
What kind of price range are we talking about? For nice-sounding earphones with plenty of bass, the Future Sonics Atrio m5/m8 gets my recommendation...should improve upon your Ink'd quite nicely. On the more expensive side, there's the Klipsch Image X10...and, on the less expensive side, the Denon AH-C551 to consider.

Side note: Interestingly, a few others around here have indicated that the Ink'd are the ugly ducklings of the Skullcandy bunch, in that they actually sound decent.
tongue.gif

Oct 7, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #7 of 29
V-moda vibe duo are (over) full of bass, as are my preferred choice of Shure Se530. But they are pricey.

Oct 7, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #8 of 29
The pl-30 or the jvc fx66. Both will blow the skullcandy ink away. I do like the ink large tips for the fx66.

Oct 7, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by kfxridder480 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and are really loud

= bad bad REALLY bad for your hearing to have that as a requirement.

Oct 7, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #13 of 29
I have both the Klipsch Image X10 and the Atrio M5. Both are very capable of outputting bass, with the M5 being slightly heavier. For overall sound quality, I lean towards the X10.

Oct 7, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henmyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
= bad bad REALLY bad for your hearing to have that as a requirement.

That's right. We're glad you came over here. We'll quickly disabuse you of your Skullcandy and Bose tendencies... I assume you want your music "loud" to (a) block outside noise, and (b) to increase the bass. If that's the case, you should look for canalphones/IEMs that isolate really well and are designed to be bass heavy. And then, if you want to hear your music when you're 60, you want to turn the volume down low. So...contrary to earlier suggestions: No Denon C551. They don't isolate well, though they bass is great. Also, when you do get your headphones, you'll want to learn how to put them in your ear properly, to achieve a good seal.

By the way, you might want to read the buyers guide that's stickied.

Oct 8, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #15 of 29
+1 for UE5 EB. Excellent bass and a lot of fun. Relatively cheap these days, too, if you buy it used (which I do recommend so that it has some burn-in already logged on). Do beware it also has piercing highs, and diminished mids, but then again if you are concerned about a lot of bass you probably aren't concerned with those things.

And my Sennheiser HD 457's were hella bassy as well, although it is of muddy kind. Full sized as well. But you can probably get this for very cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back