Need a four pole adapter!!
Jul 4, 2005 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rassler

Head-Fier
I am about to get an Audiovox SMT-5600 cell phone. It has windows media player 10 on it and has a 4 pole headphone jack. I saw some where that the jack is apaprently a 2.5 mm instead of the normal (ithink) 3.5 mm. This jack is used on Nokias often I heard. where can I find an adapter for this so that I can use a normal pair of headphones like my E2Cs? Or reccomend me a cheap pair of canal phones (CANT be ear buds, they dont stay in my ears, I have colly flower ears from years of wrestling). Thanks!!

Jul 5, 2005 at 12:33 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by rassler
I am about to get an Audiovox SMT-5600 cell phone. It has windows media player 10 on it and has a 4 pole headphone jack. I saw some where that the jack is apaprently a 2.5 mm instead of the normal (ithink) 3.5 mm. This jack is used on Nokias often I heard. where can I find an adapter for this so that I can use a normal pair of headphones like my E2Cs? Or reccomend me a cheap pair of canal phones (CANT be ear buds, they dont stay in my ears, I have colly flower ears from years of wrestling). Thanks!!

Obviously my recommendation is MD33.
IMO they're better than e2c, and they have four pole connector.

Jul 5, 2005 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2
Obviously my recommendation is MD33.
IMO they're better than e2c, and they have four pole connector.

Yes true, but they're regular 3.5mm.

Jul 5, 2005 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Julz
Yes true, but they're regular 3.5mm.

Oh, right. Then I can't help you
rolleyes.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 1:10 AM Post #5 of 5
Are you sure the 4 pole jack is for headphones only? Most cellphones with 4 pole jacks are for headphones and microphones.

You can get 2.5 ---> 3.5 mm adaptors and then just plug headphones into them. Headphones will work, no mic though so you have to yank out the cord when a call comes through to talk.

Other stupid way is to take the headphone/mic cord that comes with the cellphone, snip off the headphone portion after the mic, and install a 3.5mm jack. Not too difficult.

Most cellphones only play mono. Check that your's plays stereo before getting some nice phones for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back