Need a few opinions...
Jun 27, 2005 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Homeless

Headphoneus Supremus
Right now im using an ipod mini with sony ex51's. Im considering ordering some e4c's and also am thinking of getting a portable amp off of ebay, possibly a mint tin amp. What i was wondering...since im gonna probably get the shures anyway, but will have to wait a bit ($$) should i order the amp first and try them with the sony's? will it really do anything for them? anyway, any imput would be appreciated...cheers...

Jun 27, 2005 at 4:29 PM Post #2 of 8
If I were you I would wait to get the amp. That will make the saving for the E4cs go faster. And since they don't really NEED an ampyou won't be missing much while you wait for the money for the amp.

Jun 27, 2005 at 4:36 PM Post #3 of 8
yeah i guess that makes sense...hey i see you have the e2c's? well i've never heard the shures yet, but have heard nothing but good things. I was on ebay and saw a new set of e2c's from a shure dealer for $128 (canadian) with free shipping...i could afford to pick those up if i wanted...hmm...not quite 'shure' what to do...lol, that was stupid. anyway, kinda wish i didnt buy the sony's so i could have put that money towards the shure. Damn, now i know why you guys say sorry about your wallet. At first i was like 'man these ipod buds suck' then i got the sony's, and now i wanna change them, and i've only had them for about 2 months...lol..."hmm...i could take money outta my savings for next years university tuition and buy the e4c's...no, not a good idea!"

Jun 27, 2005 at 4:54 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
Damn, now i know why you guys say sorry about your wallet. At first i was like 'man these ipod buds suck' then i got the sony's, and now i wanna change them, and i've only had them for about 2 months...lol..."hmm...i could take money outta my savings for next years university tuition and buy the e4c's...no, not a good idea!"

Muhahahahahaha
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

You could always sell your EX51s in the For Sale/Trade forum. You could get maybe like $15-20 usd for them. I wouldn't get those E2cs. You will just want to upgrade to the E4cs anyway. After you get them MAKE SHURE, that you run FAR away from this site!!!

Jun 27, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #7 of 8
yeah i know...obviously they are better, but it boils down to the money factor...i can wait (not sure how long it'll be) or i could get the e2c's, either way it'll be an improvement over the ex51's...i hope...lol...considering i havent heard the shure...

Jun 27, 2005 at 5:41 PM Post #8 of 8
Not everyone considers the e2cs to be better than the ex51s.
I do, but that's only because I consider virtually non-existent treble to be better than screeching, ear-splitting-to-the-point-of-pain treble.

Wait for the E4Cs. Or get ER-6is... I'm not sure what your budget situation is, but after all of my canalphone searching (not counting those custom mold ones, because that's just laughably out of my range) I ended up with the E4Cs and ER-6is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back