Need a clever idea to get a speaker
Apr 11, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He is probably just doing it to exert power over you. He knows you want the speaker and he enjoys lording it over you. I would say just back off for a while and be patient. Wait till the end of the semester and then ask him if he still wants it when everyone is moving stuff around and packing to leave for the summer.

Oh the days of high testosterone levels and chest thumping manliness. As tintin47 said, it is all about the control here. Lay back, show little interest, hit him up later in the semester. Or go like Uncle Erik said, and bribe the girlfriend, those are your best two routes.

Apr 11, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #17 of 22
first off, this guy sounds like a major jerk, hes toying with you.

i agree with what tintin47 says, lay off for a bit.

maybe you can use that period to find out what other things he really likes and use it as barter. hit his weakness and never beg! it will only feed his ego.

... or the best friend or girlfriend thing is good too
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We frown on people asking for unethical advices around here. Atleast I don't think you should consider stealing. Be honest and just offer a reasonable amount of money of whatever the speaker cost and see if he's willing to sell it. It's probably not worth it anyway if the speaker is incomplete. Klipsche are overated almost like Bose imo.

Stealing implies ownership, I would use the term appropriation as in a legal sense how he got the speakers probably would not stand up all that well in court. At least that's the argument i'm going with.
smily_headphones1.gif

Time for some ............ [pauses, and loudly draws breath] ..................... [then in a low husky voice that makes the devil himself appear to be a sissy] ...appropriation.

Apr 11, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy the Triport and make a display of listening to them around the house. Assuming you can stomach that. Repeatedly tell him how awesome the Triports are.

Sir, I salute any head-fier who could do this without going crazy (or crazier).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
first off, this guy sounds like a major jerk, hes toying with you.

i agree with what tintin47 says, lay off for a bit.

maybe you can use that period to find out what other things he really likes and use it as barter. hit his weakness and never beg! it will only feed his ego.

... or the best friend or girlfriend thing is good too
wink.gif

x2, he just sounds like someone toying with you. A square kick in the balls and some appropriation is in order.

Apr 11, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my opinion once he found out that you wanted the speaker you were screwed.
Pretend like you don’t care if he gives it to you and you will see him change his mind.
BTW, I love my Klipsch Forte II’s.

dscn0491df7.jpg

You also play blues harp, Ray?

The Forte II's are worth a decent amount of money...they're from a time long gone at Klipsch. They retailed for $1200 but would easily cost double that amount if they were to be produced again today. I'd definitely make him an offer and then start ripping them apart and seeing what the condition's like. Klipsch can likely assist you with repairing them. Head over to the Klipsch forums once you get them. We'll be glad to help you out.

FYI, I paid $400 for mine, and they're in excellent condition. I've seen pairs on ebay go for 450-750 at times.

Apr 11, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #22 of 22
These are a lil rough on the outside, the speaker I have works perfect. The other one may or may not work, i used the 9volt trick and the drivers seemed to pop just fine. I plan on restaining them black and they should look awesome. If i need to repair something on the other, that shouldnt be a problem. I think im just gonna drop it for a while and see what happens. Then at the end of the semester if he didnt give it to me already ill bring 100 bucks cash put it on the table and be like i just bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back