need a bassy closed headphone
Oct 29, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #31 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
god damn ebony black is HOT!! if i only had the money
rolleyes.gif
i'm cursed

The problem I have with modding mine is that the cost is really high. At that point I would consider moving up to a Denon AH-D5000 (which comes "woodied"), which I hear also has really fantastic bass.

Oct 29, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #32 of 43
Another candidate is the JVC Victor HP-DX-1000 which provides some of the deepest and plentiful quality bass in current production headphones. Yes, it is going to be above the OP's price cap, but it is ultra comfortable, classy, and kind of less common.

It is a real close can too
smily_headphones1.gif

F. Lo

Oct 29, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #33 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another candidate is the JVC Victor HP-DX-1000 ... Yes, it is going to be above the OP's price cap...F. Lo

This is just cruel. You just suggested cans 3-4X the price limit. Even the Denon AH-D5000 is significantly cheaper than your suggestion.

Oct 29, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #34 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by unbiased /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, heh, well I will stand up with you against the wind here and if you are going to get slated (or slaughtered?) for saying it, I will get slated (slaughtered?) with you!
smily_headphones1.gif
I mirror your sentiments and experiences with the Bose OE (= On Ear Triports).

Me too. They were my commuting headphones of choice, doing an excellent job of taming the clangy Toronto subway. Excellent for that purpose. The very present bass and natural, passive ambient noise reduction made voices and even chamber music sound full in such a noisy environment. And they were extraordinarily comfortable, too.

Were? Alas, gentle reader, read on...

frown.gif
Aside... after 6 months of constant use, I pulled them out of my bag to find that the right side stopped working. It was working the night before. Just like that. Left side is fine and it doesn't seem to be the 1/8" plug or extender cord. I've opened them up and see nothing amiss. I got them used on ebay, so no warranty... Anybody have experience with this? Maybe driver retrofits? Sorry for going off topic, but my morning commute to the office is joyless and tinnitus-y now that I'm back to the stock ipod buds (v.2) (nooooooooooooo)

Oct 30, 2007 at 12:08 PM Post #37 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by devilsadvocate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is just cruel. You just suggested cans 3-4X the price limit. Even the Denon AH-D5000 is significantly cheaper than your suggestion.

Sorry if this hurts. But a DX-1000 is US$795 + shipment new, and it is possible to get one used in around US$600 depending on condition. Although I must admit it is still around 2x the limit.

I have not heard a AH-D5000 but doubt it would be better phone than the DX-1000. Built quality wise, the DX-1000 appears to be better ?

F. Lo

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #38 of 43
I have never listened to the 770s so I can´t really compare...but I can really recommend the Ultrasone Proline 650.

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #39 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another vote for DT770s. Looks like these are the overwhelming favorites for your requirements.

And another. Huge bass, cheap price.

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #40 of 43
Do not go with the 05 model, Definitely pro. Dt770s are the way to go.
the 05 looks like a pos gimmicky can, plus the pro is just a better pair imo.
Dennons are not nearly as good as darths beyers. Darth beyers still have the bass and power of the stock ones, with added mids and highs, plus the looks.
I love them, I own 4 lol.

Nov 7, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #43 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fungi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From the HD280, I heard exactly what you see on Headroom's frequency response graph.

Same here = no bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back