NECO SOUNDLABS PORTABLE V.2 AMP
Mar 21, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #196 of 424
I personally like the bright blue led.  My old subarus interior light doesn't work.  So on the way to the gym the blue led comes in handy.

Neco is a rare and gifted designer.  I love the amp and the eq works very nicely for a little extra oomph with My QA 350 player.  I really enjoy it, but the 350 is a bit

bass light compared to running off my computer.  It substatianlly improves my BA 200's over running them straight out of the 350.

Neco's customer service is without peer.  I had a channel problem, which may have been a fluke as the amp worked fine when Neco go it back and tested it.  Neco crosshipped

me a replacement and I had it within a week.  Took longer for him to get mine, what does that say about USPS vs Royal Mail.  It cost me $24.00 without tracking once in england.

That would have been another $12.00.  I felt bad and suggested since it had taken so long for him to get it, and furthermore, I should have declared less value to get it through customs

more quickly.  Customs charged him another 30+ pounds.  Neco even absorbed that.   Despite all this he cheerfully refunded my shipping charges. He even suggested

he should have been more aware of all these things.  I am not sure he made much, if anaything on the whole deal.  The man has integrity! 

He will bend over backwards to ensure the quality

and reputation of his product.  WOW!

Happy Listening,

jgwtriode

Mar 23, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #197 of 424
Are his listings only on Facebook now ? No contact info that i can find with a websearch , on the "HOME" page, or outsider viewing of Facebook( never will I sign up there ).

price roughly for the V3? ( can PM me that if you wish )

any info would be appreciated/
Thanks

Mar 23, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #198 of 424
Quote:
Are his listings only on Facebook now ? No contact info that i can find with a websearch , on the "HOME" page, or outsider viewing of Facebook( never will I sign up there ).

price roughly for the V3? ( can PM me that if you wish )

any info would be appreciated/
Thanks

His ebay tag is neco_soundlab. Do a search and you can email him that way if you have an account. My V3 w the AD8610 cost me $210 shipped to the US. 

Mar 23, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #199 of 424
 thanks will look into that .

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #201 of 424
Just joined the V3 club and I can verify what others have said about customer service and build quality. Haven't had the chance to test it yet, but I'm looking forward to it
basshead.gif

By the way - I took a look at the jumpers. I asked for bass-enhance switch under the coverhole and found two switches marked "1" and "2". Are these both for bass or is one of them gain?

edit: Nevermind, found the answer. Switches for bass (one per channel, d'oh) and jumpers for gain.

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #202 of 424
Neco Soundlab PortableV3s

Neco Soundlab
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neco-Soundlab/203542363058227?hc_location=stream

I'd like to order this amp
L3000.gif

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #203 of 424
Fantastic!  Love that touch of carbon fibre.  I don't need a portable amp.. but I loved my Neco so much (when I had it) that I've got to seriously consider trying this!

May 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #205 of 424
My amp has pretty obvious channel imbalance(left channel fades out) at low volume. Anyone else noticed this? I'm wondering if it's a bug or a feature.. The problem can of course be circumvented by lowering volume from source slightly and turning the amp up a bit more, but it's still kind of irritating..

May 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #206 of 424
My amp has pretty obvious channel imbalance(left channel fades out) at low volume. Anyone else noticed this? I'm wondering if it's a bug or a feature.. The problem can of course be circumvented by lowering volume from source slightly and turning the amp up a bit more, but it's still kind of irritating..

Did you contact the seller? He's very responsive and maybe he'll fix your problem.

May 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #207 of 424
May 3, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #208 of 424
Usually 80% of channel imbalance on amps is related to dust or moist accumulating inside the volume or channel pots

- get an electronics contact cleaner like kontakt 60 and a dry cotton or soft cloth

- open your amp and spray (just a bit) gently inside the tiny holes of the pot, clean the excess with the cloth, play the pot all the way left and right at least half a dozen times. Excess is not dangerous unlike wd40. Also wd40 does not dry because its petrol based

- let it dry for a couple hours

- close the amp and test

if it didn´t work out then it´s another problem altogether

May 3, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #209 of 424
I love the look of this new V 3. And thinner profile as well...but I am thrilled with my current V 3.
With my new Hifimen buds this little jewel got even better. Think the TDK's held it back a bit. I may be hallucinating but I swear the LED even looks brighter blue.

Happy Listening

jgwtriode

May 4, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #210 of 424
Apparently the trade in for the lower profile is less battery capacity comparing the the 2 x 9 volts setup of the upgraded V3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back