NECO SOUNDLABS PORTABLE V.2 AMP
Jan 29, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #182 of 424
I've decided I must try a maxed V3 Neco Soundlab amp!

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #185 of 424
You should also ask him to fit star shaped surface flush screws instead of the regular philips, thats why I call mine neco v3.1 lolol

Feb 1, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #187 of 424
Very nice,..they are actually star non flush mount...But it looks cool.  

My T peos finally failed tried to fix it my self and...well didn't work. Somehow my strain relief failed and in opening broke some connections.  Only to realize the problem was in the cable itself. I might have been able to fix it if I had realized it was a wire failure.  A break somewhere.   So listening to my Klipsch S4's.  Wow with the Neco in there they sound pretty good.  I listened to about half a song with my H 100 before it failed.  Waste of an evening trying to fix.  Guess I will live with the Klipsch and wait for the H 200 deal. 

Kwon at shinwoo told me their would be a deal for head fiers.  Crossing my fingers for February.  Love the T-peos.  Using them with ear plugs fort tips.  Punched holes in them and cut them down to size.  

Now if I could just find a reasonably priced portable Sabre Dac with spdif input for my qa 350.

Was looking into that if I could keep my H 100s running or fix them.   Oh well change in priorities.

Happy Listening

jgwtriode

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #188 of 424
Quote:
That's what I got, he doesn't like doing it though as they are a pita according to Neco.....

True, besides drilling there´s some grooving work involved, but that´s life ! lol

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #190 of 424
Originally Posted by imackler /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone compare this with the Magni, not for portability obviously, but for sound quality?

Going off fuzzy memory... the Magni was more powerful.. and a touch brighter. I remember the V3 (with the 8610 opamps) seeming a little smoother & more spacious... again.. it's been a while since I've heard both.. but I doubt there are many current/prior owners of both.. so I'd thought I'd chime in.

Mar 20, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #195 of 424
Got mine 2 days ago and it's amazing! One thing I noticed is that the blue LED is too bright like a flashlight at night. So I replaced it with a much dimmer green one.
The seller is a very nice guy and I highly recommend this little AMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back