1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NE-7M replacement options (dont like the NE-700X though...)

1. Haakon
    Based largely on my trawling through this forum, about a year ago I bought some Nu Force NE-7M and loved them to bits.

But I decided to step it up a notch and see what I could get that was better - so ended up going to some NE-700X.

On the basis that I really liked the sound of the NE-7Ms, I figured this could only be better!

But even after about 20 hours burn in, I just dont like the the NE-700X... Its brighter and harsher and just not as enjoyable.

I can tell they're good - some recordings sound amazing, but overall... I'm wondering if its because theyre too revealing for what comes out of an iphone...

It reminds me of some high end Focal speakers I had in a car once -  on some recordings they blew me away, but mostly the metal tweeters were just too bright and revealing and ended up sounding "tinny" almost - I ditched them for some silk tweeter Hertz units that were much much warmer, and all was well again in that car :)

So. On the basis I like the NE-7M and its fairly warm bassy sound (with its still good capability in replicating the highs, but without overpowering everything else!), what would be a good recomedation for their replacement?

2. redsosis
    if you like bass and great soundstage, go for ECCI PR401

3. Haakon
    Holy thread revival Batman!!! 

Well I never did find something else, just went back to using the NE-7m as they're just a nice sounding unit. 

Another year went by and they eventually got left in a shirt pocket and got washed.. Ooops. They were tinny for an hour and came good, but a few days later the left channel dies for good. RIP little NE-m.... :frowning2:

So. Since the original question was a while back, any fresh tips on a replacement? 

Was tempted to get NE-7m again, but seems they're finally off the market.