NDS or Shure SRH840?
Nov 3, 2009 at 6:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

nsx_23

Headphoneus Supremus
So my relatives are apparently wanting to buy me something, and I have the choice between one of the two.

Now, normally I would have said headphones, but I'm just not sure how the SRH840 would fit into my line-up. They're pretty big for streetuse.

Which one would you go for in my situation?

srh840-0.jpg

reddragon.bmp

Nov 3, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #2 of 10
If it was me I would get the Shures, because who needs a DS when emulators are free.

Nov 3, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #3 of 10
The Shures are pretty big for using on the street, like you said. It also looks like you have some pretty good headphones already (but certainly you can't be blamed for wanting another pair, :p )

I say if you like to play games and you think you'll make use of the DS, get that.

Nov 3, 2009 at 7:15 AM Post #6 of 10
^yes, except I'm not getting straight money
wink.gif

That will come when I go back to Hong Kong. Or, I might just end up buying an exstata when they're finalized.

BTW, if any Melbourne head-fier is kind enough to let me try the stax, that would be awesome.

Might sell my beloved Ultrasone Pro 900 and Pimeta to fund a decent stax set-up if I like them enough...

I still need to get a new laptop for uni since my Asus has carked it, so thats a not insubstantial amount of money right there.....especially for someone who only earns $120aud per fortnight and has a car to run......I've been saving for god knows how long now.

Nov 3, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #9 of 10
Either one should do.
Just put it up for sale shortly after, to help funding the electrostatic amplifier you so desperately need after I gave you a Stax SR-404 for free...
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Either one should do.
Just put it up for sale shortly after, to help funding the electrostatic amplifier you so desperately need after I gave you a Stax SR-404 for free...
wink.gif

Oh, that. Do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back