NCM (Nguyen Custom Monitors) - Universal/Custom
May 4, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #122 of 195
Awaiting for your first impressions! As a happy user of NC5v2, I'm very interested. Anyway, after listening to NC5s, I'm pretty sure that Bellas v2 will sound very good.

EDIT: Fantastic design!
Same here! Very exited! :)

May 5, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #123 of 195
May 12, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #126 of 195
Well speaking of Bella V2: I purchased a Bella five weeks ago and Thomas started the build. I read the above post and contacted Thomas to see which one he is making for me. Well it turns out I am the fortunate one to have a Bella V2 in the mail. I will post my initial impressions once I get them and will post a full review in June once I spend an intense month with them!

Here is a picture of the ones heading my way. Very beautiful work @thomaskr

Bella V2 arrived yesterday afternoon:

IMG_1112.jpg

Initial impressions for what they are worth. I have had about 6 hours with them. I have never heard Bella V1.

Two words to sum them up: Mature Fun
Stunning looking .
Timbre is correct. BA section is on the bright side for Treble and mids. But correct bright.
Bass is very present (mid bass) but is tight and does not overpower which I like
Acoustic guitar is very special with these. Not a slow attack with instruments.
Instruments are well placed in space. Almost 3D like. Instruments are very present as they float in space.
Surprisingly the Bella V2 seems to work with all genres. That is rare for an IEM and still be fun. Really good coherency. Nothing annoyingly gets in the way.
Quick comparison from memory with Solaris:
Bella V2 has a little more elevated bass. Mids are thinner on Solaris. Both have excellent very similar treble.

Nice work @thomaskr

I will get a full review up mid June once I get a full month with them.

Last edited:
May 12, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #127 of 195
How are they with tips? Looking at your pic is looks as if tips would just slide right off!

May 12, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #128 of 195
How are they with tips? Looking at your pic is looks as if tips would just slide right off!
It is hard to see from the picture but the tip has some parts that stick out further then a little ways in there is an indention for the tip to stay.

When I get an IEM I first put on Large Spiral dot tips. If I do not get a seal with that then I work through all the different Spinfit I have tips I have acquired until one seals.

For the Bella V2 the Spiral Dot worked great and I have not tried any other tips. They do stay on. The snout is rather long on these which I like for deep insertion which allows a higher likelihood for a seal.

May 12, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #129 of 195
Thanks for your reply. I certainly would love to hear a pair of these someday but they sure look pretty special!

May 13, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #131 of 195
@SLC1966 How's the detail retrieval like?
Detail retrieval is probably the biggest surprise with these. With fun there should be a decrease of retrieval? But these are detailed. To look at detail I use the song "My Funny Valentine" from Miles Davis' live album with the same album title. Best live recorded album I have ever heard. I just compared the Katana to the Bella V2 with the first minute of this song and just listening for detail. The Katana to me is a detail master and picks up all of what Tony, Miles, Ron, Herbie and George are up to while they fiddle around at the start of the song. The Bella V2 matches the Katana in the area of detail, but in a different way. The Katana is about 10 rows back. The Bella V2 is right there in the third row. All the details are picked up but much closer than the Katana. Amazing to hear that difference. I am not a soundstage expert but seems the Katana being 10 rows back has a bigger soundstage. Bella V2 less but wow is the detail extremely present. And the Bella V2 has some 3D specialness going on. Miles fiddling with his trumpet and Tony playing with his sticks is cause for goosebumps : )

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #132 of 195
I hope I get to listen to Suman's Bella v2.. @thomaskr would you be kind enough to let me know the changes in v2 please.

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #133 of 195
Jun 18, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #134 of 195
I just posted my review of the Bella V2. I hope you enjoy:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ncm-bella-v2.23782/reviews

Very nice review! I rarely coincide so much with an opinion.
I'm NC5v2 owner (Bella's little brother with same DD and only 4 BAs), and have to say that if I think about my v2 with 4 more BAs for mids and highs, I probably would write something very, very similar to your review.
Good and organic timbre: yes. W shaped: yes. Very good detail: yes. Situation very near to voice and instruments: yes too...
I always thought that NC5v2 (or Bella's) are perfect to discover and enjoy good music, and agree that can be distracting if you're focused on some complex activity (I find difficult to concentrate on something else when music is played so detailed and close to the listener). There's always some detail or texture, that sounds so well and clear, that unwittingly makes me rise my head and pay attention to it.
I love that full, coherent, detailed and warmish but transparent sound and would only add that a good quality copper or mixed cable suits perfectly the sound in the case of NC5 (I prefer mixed, now using mixed UPOCC Litz one). But given the 4 mids/highs BAs in Bella v2, it is easy to understand why pure copper without plating suits better.

Thanks for the review!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back