NBA Playoffs!
Jul 2, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #706 of 827
Amazing. We might have a season without the NBA or the NFL.

Bickering millionaires.

Though also flawed, it looks like the NCAA will benefit yet again.

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #707 of 827
It's that time of year again.  Time to bump this thread and talk basketball.

SA vs Utah
OKC vs Dal
LAL vs Den
Mem vs LAC
Chi vs Phi
Mia vs NYK
Ind vs Orl
Bos vs Atl

Let's hear some first round predictions...

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #709 of 827

Wow.  Orlando over Indiana in Game 1, who saw that one coming??

Tragic what happened to DRose.  Chicago appeared to play well without him during the regular season, I wonder how they'll do now.

Just got done watching OKC/Dallas, what a finish!  This series looks promising.  I'm really looking forward to Grizz/LAC as well.

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #712 of 827
The interesting thing was the bounce was good for OKC - it took an extra half second off the clock.  Marion might have been able to hoist up a three with 2 seconds instead of 0.5.

Dallas still has some great veteran play, but they were at their best last night and the Thunder were not (Ibaka Westbrook Harden played well, but Durant can play much better.)  Dallas lost Chandler and I think that was the difference maker for their title hopes. 

Miami gave the Knicks a drubbing.  And Shumpert (even in his rookie season) was billed as the Knicks premier guard defender who would shut down a now-healthy Wade.  

Apr 29, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #713 of 827

A day late to the party, but better late than never right?

SA vs Utah 
SA in 5
OKC vs Dal
OKC in 7
LAL vs Den
LAL in 6
Mem vs LAC
MEM in 7
Chi vs Phi
CHI in 6
Mia vs NYK
MIA in 5
Ind vs Orl
IND in 6
Bos vs Atl
BOS in 6

I feel for Bulls fans, that's a huge blow to their championship hopes. I don't see them advancing to the Finals either without Rose. Without Shumpert, the Knicks also lost probably their best perimeter defender. If both the Lakers and Thunder meet in West semis, that should prove interesting and very physical. 

Apr 29, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #714 of 827
The East seems easy now, I agree the Heat should make it for sure.

The West is interesting though. Go Lakers!, but the Spurs, Thunder, Clippers all look great. The Mavs are still the defending champs even if they are in a very tough series atm.

Knicks and Bulls, better luck next year.

Apr 29, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #715 of 827
The Mavs have not been treated as the defending champs all season in the games I've watched. I really do think the shortened season affected their chances of repeating. I also blame the shortened season with condensed games for many of the players injuries, even if it's not directly related. 

The Spurs have been playing great basketball. Every year I rule them out as a contender, but they Popovich and management has done an amazing job. As a franchise, I believe they have won 50 or more games 12 consecutive seasons now, even during the shortened season this year. That consistency is amazing. 

I do hope the East gets more interesting though. 

Apr 29, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #717 of 827

Quote:
The East seems easy now, I agree the Heat should make it for sure.

The West is interesting though. Go Lakers!, but the Spurs, Thunder, Clippers all look great. The Mavs are still the defending champs even if they are in a very tough series atm.

Knicks and Bulls, better luck next year.

You should be mighty happy with today's game then. It's just about over and Bynum just got his triple double, tying the record for blocks in a playoff game. The Lakers played great today, and didn't have a turnover from the end of the 1st until the end of the 3rd. Great basketball from the Lakers.

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #719 of 827
I hope you guys watched the 4th quarter of the clips vs griz game.. WOW. That has got to be one of the most impressive comebacks in an NBA playoff history. I believe it was a 28-3 run to end the game or something like that. What an unbelievable performance by the Clippers. I can only imagine how the fans in attendance must feel. 

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #720 of 827
Yeah I almost turned that one of, glad I didn't! The Griz are a very good team, I was surprised they let them back but the Clips really grew up in that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back