NBA Finals Thread!!
Jun 14, 2004 at 9:16 PM Post #31 of 60
Growing up a life long Knicks fan, i PRAY that Kobe comes to NY
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #32 of 60
Mostly I don't care for the NBA, but the prospect of the Lakers losing to a team has me keeping tabs on this series. Man, I love seeing the Lakers lose...

And Shaq should be ticked off. It's not only Kobe that's sinking this team, "genius" coach Phil Jackson (most overrated coach of all time) is getting outcoached six ways to Sunday, including under-use of Shaq. Shaq should be going off for 30+ every game! Big Ben (Wallace) is great, but even he can't contain Shaq all by himself. The Diesel should at least touch the ball on every Lakers possesion that isn't a fastbreak... oh, wait, the Lakers haven't been getting those anyway because they're getting killed on the glass and giving up every loose ball. Phil the master motivator my foot... maybe he could motivate Kobe to, you know, pass the ball or at least take better shots.

Also fun to see career cheapshot artist Malone and career whiner Payton fail in their quest to snag a ring riding on Shaq and Kobe's coattails. Hey, maybe there is some justice in the sports world after all...
eek.gif

Jun 14, 2004 at 10:53 PM Post #33 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by mega
Growing up a life long Knicks fan, i PRAY that Kobe comes to NY
biggrin.gif

He is just another Iverson kind. A solo, it might get knicks better than it was but it won't get yours to get the ring.

Jun 15, 2004 at 4:29 AM Post #35 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by blubliss
the lakers have some serious 'we don't know how to play as a team' karma coming due

Hey, it's kind of sad to watch them self-destruct like they are right now. I like the fact that these very prideful players are coming up empty and shown a glimpse of their Acheille's heel. Maybe this will motivate them to try even harder next year?

Jun 15, 2004 at 5:41 AM Post #36 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by rycet
He is just another Iverson kind. A solo, it might get knicks better than it was but it won't get yours to get the ring.

I strongly disagree. He isn't my favorite player, but he is the best player in the nba. He is VERY clutch, and is a leader...even though hes struggling right now. I admit all this too, and im not too fond of him.

Jun 15, 2004 at 5:53 AM Post #37 of 60
I am all for Piston but always admire Kobe Bryant. He is an amazing player, although things are not going his way at the moment. I believe the another missing piece for a succesful Laker is Malone, w/o him they are missing a great defender and scorer. I would like to blame Garry Payton for not doing enough on both ends.

I don't think Kobe will be going to NY, and I don't think NY has that kind of money to spend on him. NY just blow a big dollars for Allen Houston and Stefan Mabury(?)....so what is left for kobe? 10 Millions a year? What's so funny is that Shaq will try to bargain for 30 millions at the end of this season.

My favorite team is still the Spurs and Kings. So sad that the Kings always come short and Tim Duncan wasn't agressive enough against Laker.

Jun 15, 2004 at 6:30 AM Post #38 of 60
Interesting. Last time I followed NBA the Spurs won the title by having the Twin Towers (
eek.gif
) as stationary obstacles against attacking team and bore everyone to death. Are they still playing this way?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 16, 2004 at 2:53 AM Post #40 of 60
Halftime report: Big 2 Laker slackers getting outworked by Pistons! Looks like they are not coming back to the Left Coast!

Jun 16, 2004 at 3:33 AM Post #42 of 60
Three minutes left...doesn't look good for the Lakers.
biggrin.gif

BTW - Is Larry Brown's wife hot, or what??
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 16, 2004 at 3:40 AM Post #44 of 60
I wonder how much of this is the superior defense played by the Pistons, verses the not so great team play of team ME (Kobe and co.)

Oh look...the Human Victory Cigar is in the game (Darko).
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back