Natural Headphones ?
Apr 25, 2013 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

IV10K

Head-Fier
Hello, I'm curious about buying HD800 As addon to Fostex TH900 And T1.
You think It's worth ? as I'm looking for a bigger sound stage and natural sound If not you recommend any other?
Thanks ^.-

Apr 25, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 10
The Grado PS1000 are the most natural sounding headphones with wide soundstage and overall balanced soundquality. LCD-02 are also close and they sound amazing if pair with right AMPs/DAC.

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #4 of 10
If your T1s do not mimic a natural headphone, the HD800 won´t either. The latter will give you a (in)significant larger soundstage - bit at the expense of less pin-pointing. I.e. the HD800 smears the sound more. Happy hunting. 

Apr 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #5 of 10
Well T1 soundstage Is bigger than most of my cans but somehow It's suffocating and a bit boring to me..
It lacks details comparing to TH900.
I'm confused whether go for PS1000 or HD800 :frowning2:

Apr 26, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #6 of 10
PS1000 is super nice, but heavy. Natural with a thicker sound, the T1 is brighter and a tad cleaner. I prefered the T1 for the micro detail but it is quite clinical, the PS1000 is a tad warmer.

Apr 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Well T1 soundstage Is bigger than most of my cans but somehow It's suffocating and a bit boring to me..
It lacks details comparing to TH900.
I'm confused whether go for PS1000 or HD800 :frowning2:

what's your chain, i can agree that the t1 soundstage, being a semi open can, may be perceived as "suffocating" compared to an open can, but boring... hmm... natural should be even more boring than

edit: you should try the audezes, which are highly impactful but still retain natural and airy sound

ofc the rest of the chain must measure up

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #9 of 10
The Difference is big enough to make decision easier about these headphones like HD800 are bright yet clilincal, highly detailed but on cold side of sound. Grado PS1000 has little wamer, airy soundsignature than HD800 and highly detailed, vocal(male/female) sound so amazing on PS1000 and at the same time instruments sound so natural and highly detailed due to inner wood housing.

Apr 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
The Difference is big enough to make decision easier about these headphones like HD800 are bright yet clilincal, highly detailed but on cold side of sound. Grado PS1000 has little wamer, airy soundsignature than HD800 and highly detailed, vocal(male/female) sound so amazing on PS1000 and at the same time instruments sound so natural and highly detailed due to inner wood housing.

So you're saying PS1000 has bigger sound stage and airy than HD800 ? cause that's what I'm looking for..
A surreal experience for Goa-Trance

Quote:
what's your chain, i can agree that the t1 soundstage, being a semi open can, may be perceived as "suffocating" compared to an open can, but boring... hmm... natural should be even more boring than

edit: you should try the audezes, which are highly impactful but still retain natural and airy sound

ofc the rest of the chain must measure up

Well I have TH900 and as I saw the reviews It's better than Audeze so that's why I didn't look into buying Audeze and I bought Fostex Instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back