Nashville Fall Meetup Intrest?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #16 of 53
If love to hear those 64 Audio U10's.

I just really need to know how much space we need. Depending on what source(s) you have, you would probably be considered a "Presenter".

I'm hoping to secure a place in the next few days. Stay tuned.

PS - Burnley is okay. He recently left to Cancun on a trip of some kind. Hopefully he should be back soon.

Sep 7, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #17 of 53
  If my back will let me would love to come down from Paducah. it would be my first meet. I voted as attendee, as I don't have much,  HPs - AKG K7xx ,iems - RBH, ER4s, and just got my 64 Audio U10s and iDSD micro. If anyone is interested in any of these will be glad to bring them.

I would also love to hear those U10s!!! And the iDSD, heck, I'll get my laptop ready with drivers for that puppy! Take care of your back, that's not something to mess with. I hurt mine last year, I was in so much pain one morning, I had to call my wife on her cell phone from the same house.

Great to hear about Burnley, really hoping to make an overnight of it this time.

Sep 7, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #18 of 53

I just really need to know how much space we need. Depending on what source(s) you have, you would probably be considered a "Presenter".

I'm hoping to secure a place in the next few days. Stay tuned.

PS - Burnley is okay. He recently left to Cancun on a trip of some kind. Hopefully he should be back soon.

I think you will need more room than you might first think.  The tables take up room plus they need to be set at least 2 ft from the wall for the owners.  You need a table for snacks and drinks.  A "for sale" table.  Hopefully those of us with industry contacts will be able to get a few vendors to show.  Personally if my Lau shows up(and it should) I would need about 5 ft for my equipment. 

Anybody know anything about Puckett's Grocery.  Just read a review calling it one of the best 25 BBQ joints in America.  Is Nashville or Franklin better?

Good to hear about Burnley!

Sep 7, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #19 of 53
I think you will need more room than you might first think.  The tables take up room plus they need to be set at least 2 ft from the wall for the owners.  You need a table for snacks and drinks.  A "for sale" table.  Hopefully those of us with industry contacts will be able to get a few vendors to show.  Personally if my Lau shows up(and it should) I would need about 5 ft for my equipment. 

Anybody know anything about Puckett's Grocery.  Just read a review calling it one of the best 25 BBQ joints in America.  Is Nashville or Franklin better?

Good to hear about Burnley!

Puckett's has about the best shredded BBQ in town. It's always crazy busy though. Crazy busy. Either location.

Places I am lookin at are right around the corner from Corkey's BBQ.

We might have to be squeezed in a medium sized space for this meet. I'm going to to work on finding something more suitable that does not cost as much. Hotel meeting spaces are more than you would think.

Getting exciting. Glad to see all the Intrest.

Sep 8, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #20 of 53

My source is an iPhone 6s Plus  and a Surface Pro 3 running JRMC into the iDSD Nano. I am actually getting the Micro tomorrow. So I might have a Nano for sale.

Quote:

I would also love to hear those U10s!!! And the iDSD, heck, I'll get my laptop ready with drivers for that puppy! Take care of your back, that's not something to mess with. I hurt mine last year, I was in so much pain one morning, I had to call my wife on her cell phone from the same house.

Hurt my back last September at work. After waiting on Workers Comp (OWCP) for 4 months they denied my claim. So I started getting treatment on my own. Hiring lawyers to fight OWCP. Long story short, so far I've had 12 spinal injections and 2 rounds of Radio Frequency Spinal Ablation (fancy way to say they are burning nerves to stop the pain). It is some better but still a ways from pain free. So hopefully by then I can make the trip.

Roy

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #21 of 53
Puckett's has about the best shredded BBQ in town. It's always crazy busy though. Crazy busy. Either location.

Places I am lookin at are right around the corner from Corkey's BBQ.

We might have to be squeezed in a medium sized space for this meet. I'm going to to work on finding something more suitable that does not cost as much. Hotel meeting spaces are more than you would think.

Getting exciting. Glad to see all the Intrest.

Yeah, I'm sure that's why we met in Franklin and Spring Hill - Brentwood is pricey.  You can also consider Smyrna or even Murfreesboro, there are a ton of hotels just off I-24.
Thanks for the update on Burnley - good to hear it!!

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #22 of 53
Actually the meeting room at the Days Inn is the most expensive per square foot of space believe it or not. And they were not nice to deal with over the phone. Most hotel event spaces in Nashville are very similar in pricing. I just think Burnley was just that generous.

Sep 8, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #23 of 53
Actually the meeting room at the Days Inn is the most expensive per square foot of space believe it or not. And they were not nice to deal with over the phone. Most hotel event spaces in Nashville are very similar in pricing. I just think Burnley was just that generous.

Burnley is my hero.

Sep 8, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #24 of 53
So, something that hit me. I have a business trip next week for training in Minneapolis. Our meeting room is at a Honda dealer. I mean, really? Do what? Heck, they have a food vendor on site!

What the heck, it's worth a call or two, maybe there is some obscure place like a car dealer with a meeting area that's affordable. Heck, The Casual Pint which is a local watering hole (think Starbucks but with beer) has a meeting room that would be large enough for a small group. Maybe one of the breweries has space?

Way outside the box, but what the heck!

Sep 9, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #25 of 53
I thought about this and I just don't have enough time. Places like The East Room or some other type of place. I'd love to do something like this, but it has to be the right spam me for the right price. Just not enough time for the fall meet. I'm hoping to spend some time looking To find that type of unconventional event space for the spring meet.

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #28 of 53
So, something that hit me. I have a business trip next week for training in Minneapolis. Our meeting room is at a Honda dealer. I mean, really? Do what? Heck, they have a food vendor on site!

What the heck, it's worth a call or two, maybe there is some obscure place like a car dealer with a meeting area that's affordable. Heck, The Casual Pint which is a local watering hole (think Starbucks but with beer) has a meeting room that would be large enough for a small group. Maybe one of the breweries has space?

Way outside the box, but what the heck!

Actually a lot of breweries and wineries have meeting rooms. I'll have some time next week, let me know if I can help you make some phone calls. I'll PM rtaylor76my number.

Sep 12, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #29 of 53
I haven't been head fi'ing much of late, been busy, and listening to my receiver and speakers mostly
I'm going to try and attend, but as usual, it'll be a last minute thing I'm sure. I sure have missed the last few meets

Sep 12, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #30 of 53
Between work, school, and the fact that I've been focused on speakers and have stayed content with my headphone setup, I won't be able to justify the drive out this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back