Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet: Oct 30, 2021
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2021 at 9:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 80

kilkil

500+ Head-Fier
Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet:
Whiskey, Headphones, and Friends!!! What more could you want.
This meet is open to everyone. I would appreciate that you post you are attending to get an idea of the head count for food and table space.

Date/Time: Saturday Oct 30, 2021, 10am CT and will last all night.

About an hour east of Nashville, 2 hours north of Chattanooga, 2 hours west of Knoxville
I-40 to Exit #273 that is TN56 South. Cross the bridge, then Puckett Point Rd will be on your left in 1.4 miles. The house is 1.7 miles down Puckett Point Rd, on the left side.

For the people coming from Kentucky on I65, I recommend exit 2 in KY, as before that, there are a lot more small curvy roads.

Parking: The house is on the left side of the road with a driveway that can hold 4 cars (2 must be compact). Across the street there is a light blue garage, that is also mine, it has another 6-8 parking spaces, plus parking on grass as needed (just past the house on the left side of the road and around the garage, making sure not to block my neighbors driveways).

Lodging: You are welcome to stay here. Hotels are about 30 mins away in Cookeville or Lebanon.

Food: Feel free to bring food to share. There will be food.
Main menu:
Smoked Pork Belly burnt ends
Smoked Pork Butt
Smoked Chuck Roast
Fresh bread
Evening: I'll make a pizza, plan on bbq sauce based using leftover pork.

Beverage: Feel free to bring beverages to share, There will be Whiskey, Rum, Cachaça, Tequila, Mezcal, Beer, and more.

Vendors: We are open to vendors attending or sending equipment, please PM me.

Anticipated Attendees:
kilkil
Jeweltopia +1
Makiah S
buke9
nikon6
JeestersMandelbrot
JR4JC +1
Walker: bringing Bricasti M21
DelsFan

I am vaccinated.

The house is wheelchair friendly.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #2 of 80
Alright, baring surgery on my foot, I'll be there, and can't wait to see everyone!!!

Oh, and according to Ancestory.com, my love of your Meade is genetic, 25% Norwegian/Icelandic!

I am vaccinated.

Aug 16, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #4 of 80
Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet:
Whiskey, Headphones, and Friends!!! What more could you want.
This meet is open to everyone. I would appreciate that you post you are attending to get an idea of the head count for food and table space.

Date/Time: Saturday Nov 13, 2021, 10am CT and will last all night.

Location: About an hour east of Nashville, 2 hours north of Chattanooga, 2 hours west of Knoxville
1847 Puckett Point Rd, Smithville, TN 37166
I-40 to Exit #273 that is TN56 South. Cross the bridge, then Puckett Point Rd will be on your left in 1.4 miles. The house is 1.7 miles down Puckett Point Rd, on the left side.

For the people coming from Kentucky on I65, I don't recommend getting off the interstate before exit 38 in KY due to small curvy country road driving for many hours. Thus i recommend exit 2 in KY.

Parking: The house is on the left side of the road with a driveway that can hold 4 cars (2 must be compact). Across the street there is a light blue garage, that is also mine, it has another 6-8 parking spaces, plus parking on grass as needed (just past the house on the left side of the road and around the garage, making sure not to block my neighbors driveways).

Food: Feel free to bring food to share. There will be food.

Beverage: Feel free to bring beverages to share, There will be Whiskey, Rum, Cachaça, Tequila, Mezcal, Beer, and more.

Vendors: We are open to vendors attending or sending equipment, please PM me.

Pandemic: Due to current situation, please self-isolate before the meet and cancel if you have any symptoms. I expect this to be a small meet < 10 people.

I am vaccinated.

The house is wheelchair friendly.

Going to do my best to be present as well!

Aug 17, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #5 of 80
I live in Huntsville and would be interested in joining.

I'm vaccinated, too.

Do we need to post what equipment we would bring?

I have a Verite Open, Eikon, HD800, and Focal Utopia I could bring to the meet-up.

Aug 17, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #6 of 80

I'm vaccinated, too.

I have a Verite Open, Eikon, HD800, and Focal Utopia I could bring to the meet-up.
Love your screen name, I have wonderful memories of the Arizona desert, Colorado River, and shrooms, we will have to discuss over a bit of mead.

Aug 18, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #7 of 80
... Oh, and according to Ancestory.com, my love of your Meade is genetic, 25% Norwegian/Icelandic!
Awesome, I still have some. Which is kind of amazing considering how long it has been since i made any.
I've been a consultant for a new startup meadery/cidery, so mead inspired by me may be actually available soon. So far they are only about 4 months into the first batch of mead.

Aug 18, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #8 of 80
Awesome, I still have some. Which is kind of amazing considering how long it has been since i made any.
I've been a consultant for a new startup meadery/cidery, so mead inspired by me may be actually available soon. So far they are only about 4 months into the first batch of mead.
Now that's exciting, I don't think I’d ever had Mead before yours, and I love it!!! I had no idea how much Norwegian/Icelandic heritage, and I've been reading about the mythical powers of Mead. Are you able to share any information on the start-up via PM?

Aug 21, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #9 of 80

I'm vaccinated, too.

I live in Huntsville too and have been wanting to hear a Verite open for years!

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #10 of 80
Axpona is now delayed. Does anyone NOT want to move the meet to October 30th to get folks that may have already planned to travel this weekend.

Aug 23, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #13 of 80
I'm officially moving the meet to Oct 30th. I hope to see everyone.

Aug 25, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #14 of 80
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back