Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet: Nov 7, 2020
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 5, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #16 of 73
I hope all this stuff has calmed down by then. I have picked up a couple of new amps a Drop THX 789 and Monoprice Cavalli Liquid Platinum. My favorite of the two is the Platinum just Cavalli goodness the THX is dead silent but kind of shouty with my Verites but does bring some power for the planars but so does the Platinum. Also got a pair of Empire Ears Phantom’s as I have heard them several times and just loved them but a bit more than I wanted to pay but got a surprise bonus at work and they had a B-Stock sale so I couldn’t resist.

Jun 6, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #17 of 73
Cool mate! Where did you vacation in TN, if I may ask?
You can't beat the view from Tom's house ... well worth a trip to the US :wink:
If you come, please bring a suitcase of Budvar. Thanks in advance!

I went to Graceland of course :) and also Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville. Stayed in Opryland Hotel. Went to the tours of Jack Daniels and George Dickel. Coors Memphis Belle tour, beer was great btw! Was in Knoxville, Sevierville (knife store), Ten-Tec radio, Smoky Mountain National park. I love your state!

The regular Budvar does come in cans but it kinda gives me a headache at time. The one I love which is the black lager comes only in bottles. Well I guess I could bring a few kegs!

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #18 of 73
I went to Graceland of course :) and also Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville. Stayed in Opryland Hotel. Went to the tours of Jack Daniels and George Dickel. Coors Memphis Belle tour, beer was great btw! Was in Knoxville, Sevierville (knife store), Ten-Tec radio, Smoky Mountain National park. I love your state!

The regular Budvar does come in cans but it kinda gives me a headache at time. The one I love which is the black lager comes only in bottles. Well I guess I could bring a few kegs!
Kegs would be cool, just ship 'em in advance :wink:
You did nice tours of Tennessee, for sure. We live near Nashville and have visited the Smoky Mountains (and the excellent knife store) many times.

Jun 9, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #19 of 73
...Also got a pair of Empire Ears Phantom’s as I have heard them several times and just loved them...
Did you get the universal model? I'm interested in hearing these and comparing them to my systems.
Most of my headphone listening time is when i travel with the Alclair Studio 4 CIEM.

Jun 9, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #20 of 73
Did you get the universal model? I'm interested in hearing these and comparing them to my systems.
Most of my headphone listening time is when i travel with the Alclair Studio 4 CIEM.
Yes I got the universals.

Jun 26, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #21 of 73
Gonna grab my first pair of planars in the coming months hopefully, and I plan on being there for the meet! Looking for Fazer LCD-2 or Ether 1.0/1.1. Will be great to see some of the same guys from the 2015/2016 meets.

Jun 28, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #22 of 73
LCD-2C is killer in the price range. Got a pair of LCD-3F recently but have not had any time to give them a thorough listen.

Jun 28, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #23 of 73
Gonna grab my first pair of planars in the coming months hopefully, and I plan on being there for the meet! Looking for Fazer LCD-2 or Ether 1.0/1.1. Will be great to see some of the same guys from the 2015/2016 meets.

I've got the He560 and He6se you are welcome to audition in your search for new planars. Both of them take a fair amount of power to do well, but sound great when given the horsepower they need.

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #24 of 73
I've got the He560 and He6se you are welcome to audition in your search for new planars. Both of them take a fair amount of power to do well, but sound great when given the horsepower they need.

I should honestly wait until after the meet to buy, so I can give as many planars as I can a listen on my own setup.

Jun 29, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #25 of 73
I should honestly wait until after the meet to buy, so I can give as many planars as I can a listen on my own setup.

If the Ananda, and Arya will be there, I highly recommend trying them too as the Arya in particular may be a better value than the LCD for the money. To me the Arya is somewhere close to LCD3 if not a bit better at LCD2 money.

Who knows, by November I may have a couple more too.

W

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #26 of 73
If the Ananda, and Arya will be there, I highly recommend trying them too as the Arya in particular may be a better value than the LCD for the money. To me the Arya is somewhere close to LCD3 if not a bit better at LCD2 money.

Who knows, by November I may have a couple more too.

W
Would agree on the Arya’s they are one of my favorite of the new line of HiFiMans.

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #27 of 73
They Arya's definitely too pricy for me unfortunately.

Jul 20, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #29 of 73
So I finally bite the bullet and picked up a Stax 009 System! I'll have that and hopefully a new DAC/Amp this meet too
Nice what amp did you get to run them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back