Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet: May 30, 2020
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2020 at 9:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

kilkil

500+ Head-Fier
Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet:
Whiskey, Headphones, and Friends!!! What more could you want.
This meet is open to everyone. I would appreciate that you post you are attending to get an idea of the head count for food and table space.

Date/Time:
Saturday May 30, 2020, 10am CT and will last all night.

Location: About an hour east of Nashville, 2 hours north of Chattanooga, 2 hours west of Knoxville
1847 Puckett Point Rd, Smithville, TN 37166
I-40 to Exit #273 that is TN56 South. Cross the bridge, then Puckett Point Rd will be on your left in 1.4 miles. The house is 1.7 miles down Puckett Point Rd, on the left side.

For the people coming from Kentucky on I65, I don't recommend getting off the interstate before exit 38 in KY due to small curvy country road driving for many hours. Thus i recommend exit 38 (still curvy) or exit 2 in KY.

Parking
: The house is on the left side of the road with a driveway that can hold 4 cars (2 must be compact). Across the street there is a light blue garage, that is also mine, it has another 6-8 parking spaces, plus parking on grass as needed (just past the house on the left side of the road and around the garage, making sure not to block my neighbors driveways).

Food
: Feel free to bring food to share. There will be food, menu to be decided.

Beverage
: Feel free to bring beverages to share, There will be whiskey and water.

Vendors: We are open to vendors attending or sending equipment, please PM me.

The house is wheelchair friendly.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #2 of 30
Now that he holidays are over, i wanted to lock in a date for our next meet. This will be the first time Sound Lab electrostatics will make the meet.

Jan 7, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #4 of 30
I'll be there! It will be good to be back.

Jan 7, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #5 of 30
I sure hope to make it this time. Been crazy in this house! Really want to make it this time.

Jan 8, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 30
Count me in.

Jan 21, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #8 of 30
I REALLY hope to make it this year. I have promised to come in years past, but something always comes up. I plan on buying a good portable rig before then to have for the show...

also, it gives me an excuse to head on down south and drop in on Emotiva/Jade Audio and see if they let me spend my $$$$ on a few carry outs. :)

Jan 21, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #9 of 30
I hope you can make it also. FYI, since you are building a portable rig, I have a lightly used chord mojo for sale.

Feb 22, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #10 of 30
Got a couple of new Angels Envy’s for your enjoyment. The Oloroso Sherry I’ve been into for
a bit now but just picked up the Tawny Port it is brand new and have yet to crack it open but will do later today. I also have a 2019 Cask strength as well to bring.
D9C5CB4F-6A04-44AB-9298-4F4ECB30D78B.jpeg

Feb 22, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #11 of 30
Excellent, can't wait to try the new angel Envy's

Feb 22, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #12 of 30
Just cracked it open and have to say I like it. It’s a 10 year old bourbon and spent 10 months in Twany Port cask damn if I don’t like it more than a couple of my Cask strengths definitely better than the 2017 and closing in on the new one that I find a bit hot and this is 111 proof. Saw 3 bottles today and should have bought them all but only picked up 2 because they are $250 a pop and Teresa is not real happy with me right now but with every little sip I can live with it and she is married to a Head-fi’er after all. I think you guys will like it.
Damn almost forgot about my Christmas present from my son. Michter’s 10 year Rye and bourbon. As you can see have got into the Rye but not the bourbon yet and believe I’ll wait and we can all try it out together and also a New Riff Rye which is very good also.
174304C4-CF6C-49AE-97D7-B66B4C6CEA0A.jpeg

Not much new on the headphone front for me loved the new HEDD headphone but it is very heavy (like heavier than LCD 4 heavy ) just didn’t fit well for me or it might be my next headphone it’s like a cross between a planar and electrostat super fast and airy not real bassy but good enough really linear like a planar and great detail without being harsh at all like a electrostat just a great headphone. Not for sure what I’ll bring as far as headphones and amps but definitely the Abyss,Verites and LCDi4’s and not sure what else but it’s still a good start.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #13 of 30
I hope everyone has been doing well over the last few months. As of now, the meet is still on.

Just this week Makiah and Jeff already confirmed that they are still planning on attending.

May 7, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #14 of 30
I hope everyone has been doing well over the last few months. As of now, the meet is still on.

Just this week Makiah and Jeff already confirmed that they are still planning on attending.

Yeppp and there will be Sours, IPA'S and darks in attendance as well from my journeys into Portland Maine & Boston

Among some other fun stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back