Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet: May 15, 2021
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2020 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

kilkil

500+ Head-Fier
Impressions thread is up: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nas...-head-fi-meet-may-15-2021-impressions.957808/

Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet:
Whiskey, Headphones, and Friends!!! What more could you want.
This meet is open to everyone. I would appreciate that you post you are attending to get an idea of the head count for food and table space.

Date/Time: Saturday May 15, 2021, 10am CT and will last all night.

Location: About an hour east of Nashville, 2 hours north of Chattanooga, 2 hours west of Knoxville
1847 Puckett Point Rd, Smithville, TN 37166
I-40 to Exit #273 that is TN56 South. Cross the bridge, then Puckett Point Rd will be on your left in 1.4 miles. The house is 1.7 miles down Puckett Point Rd, on the left side.

For the people coming from Kentucky on I65, I don't recommend getting off the interstate before exit 38 in KY due to small curvy country road driving for many hours. Thus i recommend exit 38 (still curvy) or exit 2 in KY.

Parking: The house is on the left side of the road with a driveway that can hold 4 cars (2 must be compact). Across the street there is a light blue garage, that is also mine, it has another 6-8 parking spaces, plus parking on grass as needed (just past the house on the left side of the road and around the garage, making sure not to block my neighbors driveways).

Food: Feel free to bring food to share. There will be food:

Beverage: Feel free to bring beverages to share, There will be Whiskey, Rum, Cachaça, Tequila, Mezcal, Beer, and more.

Vendors: We are open to vendors attending or sending equipment, please PM me.

Pandemic: Due to current situation, please self-isolate before the meet and cancel if you have any symptoms. I expect this to be a small meet < 10 people.

I am vaccinated.

The house is wheelchair friendly.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #2 of 64
I'm stoked, hated missing the last Meet, but there is no way I could have made the trip. Here's to a COVID vaccine being readily available by May!

Mar 23, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #3 of 64
Just snagged a pair of DCA Aeon 2 Noire's, and realized I'm severely lacking in good SS amplification to pair with them. I'll be snagging a Drop + THX AAA One amp, but it's not likely to ship until after this meet. Hope to try out some other stuff to give these room to really glow.

It's been far too long since I've been to one of these meets!

Will also be bringing:
Schiit Bifrost Multibit (last gen)
Antique Sound Labs MG Head OTL MK3 w/Sovtek tubes
Sennheiser HD650 w/Dekoni Elite Hybrid pads
A very old iBasso D-Zero
RHA T20i
Sennheiser IE8s

Mar 23, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #4 of 64
I'm glad that you can make it.
I'm sure that we will have several SS amps. Makiah will be here with his arsenal of amps. I'll have my dynahi to listen, along with my speaker systems that are solid state.

Mar 23, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #5 of 64
Looking forward to hearing your speakers! Wish I could show off my Cornwall III's, they've been treating me excellently.

Mar 23, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #6 of 64
I'm glad you are enjoying the Cornwall's. Since you enjoy horns, we have a high end horn speaker manufacturer here about 15-20 mins from my house. https://voltiaudio.com you may want to schedule time to drop in for a listen.

Mar 26, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #7 of 64
I might have to do that! I just got an SMSL SP200, which sounds excellent with my Noire's so far, and I might be looking for a DAC to replace my Bifrost Multibit, so I might have another DAC to bring as well.

Mar 26, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #8 of 64
The Bifrost is pretty good. I have a pair of Yggy's in my systems currently. I've been browsing other alternatives for DACs myself, though i really have a clear path to go next. And the Yggy are quite enjoyable.

Mar 26, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #9 of 64
The Yggy was excellent when I tried it. The Bimby isn't bad, but it has been fairly unimpressive overall. And it measures pretty poorly as well. I'll probably be looking for an ultra neutral and clean DAC to match the SP200, unfortunately their matching DAC doesn't seem to be very good for the price.

Mar 26, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #10 of 64
There will also be a Bricasti M3h here and a Cary DMS-550 streamer/DAC. I'm sure there will be some other DACs that will make an appearance also.

Mar 26, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #11 of 64
I'll be sure to check them out!

Mar 29, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #12 of 64
It’s been too long and if nothing comes up will be there as it has been too long. The only things new I have are the Empire Ears Phantoms,Abyss Diana V2, and Grado Hemps. As well as the iFi Zen Can Signature 6XX just awesome for the 650’s.

Mar 29, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #13 of 64
Updated gear list:
DCA Aeon 2 Noire + Audiophile Ninja 4.4mm Cable
Audeze LCD-2 Fazor
Sennheiser HD650
Schiit Bifrost Multibit (1st gen)
SMSL SP200
iFi Hip DAC
RHA T20i
Sennheiser IE8s

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #14 of 64
It’s been too long and if nothing comes up will be there as it has been too long. The only things new I have are the Empire Ears Phantoms,Abyss Diana V2, and Grado Hemps. As well as the iFi Zen Can Signature 6XX just awesome for the 650’s.

Yea man it has been a while! We'd love to have ya,

Just snagged a pair of DCA Aeon 2 Noire's, and realized I'm severely lacking in good SS amplification to pair with them. I'll be snagging a Drop + THX AAA One amp, but it's not likely to ship until after this meet. Hope to try out some other stuff to give these room to really glow.

It's been far too long since I've been to one of these meets!

Will also be bringing:
Schiit Bifrost Multibit (last gen)
Sennheiser HD650 w/Dekoni Elite Hybrid pads
A very old iBasso D-Zero
RHA T20i
Sennheiser IE8s

Oh I've been wanting to hear Noire and that OTL sounds pretty stellar

Apr 21, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #15 of 64
Not a whole lot of people posting in here that they're coming, anyone know if any others are planning to be here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back