1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Narrow headphone purchase requirements, can't find something suitable!

1. nex2k12
    I hate being 'that guy' that posts yet another 'help me chose what to buy thread' but I have some tight requirements and I can't figure out what to dump money on.

Anyway here's what I would like to get my hands on:
    -Circumaural
    -Large sound stage
    -Similar sound profile to Sennheiser HD 555, 595 etc.
    -Super comfortable for all-day use
    -CLOSED back.
    -Smaller physical size, like the bose AE1 or my current JVC HA-S600's
    -Bass secondary, but a nice bonus.

Here's what I've been through:

HD555's - Love them, but I need something portable for work and travel.
    M-Audio Q40 - Bit heavy on the bass, but was happy with them. Main problem was they were uncomfortable after a few hours. (Also too big)
    Head Direct RE0 - Impedance was far far too high for day-to-day mp3 player/phone usage. They were also stolen from me :frowning2:
    JVC HA-S600 - Cheap temporary replacement. Mids are all muddled and overall mediocre. They are super comfortable though, and the form factor is perfect.
    HD280 Pro - Similar to M-Audio's IMO. Too big, RIDICULOUS head clamp.
    CX-680i - Just bought these in an misguided attempt to cheap out. Ugh, horrible horrible. Returning on the weekend. Not worth $10, let alone $50

Should I just give up and look at IEM's instead? I'm willing to spend up to $200 if I can just find something perfect to throw money at...

Thanks for the advice!