Naqoyqatsi soundtrack is out
Oct 11, 2002 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Dusty Chalk

Head-Fi-holic: With headphones would just be a benny.
Just thought I'd mention it. I know there are other Philip Glass fans on this board...

No, I haven't heard it yet, but I saw it in the store...going to see if I can find a cheaper copy (I am a cheapskate).

Oct 11, 2002 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 6
i saw a trailer for "naqoyqatsi" before "spirited away". it is about war, so the images were a little disturbing, but it looks fantastic and sounds better.

Oct 12, 2002 at 12:07 AM Post #4 of 6
Ooo, must look out for that one! Dusty, if you like Philip Glass and are interested in vocal music, look out for Songs from Liquid Days sung by the Crouch End Festival Chorus - the singers take most of the instrumental parts, and it works really well!
Andrew

Oct 12, 2002 at 2:07 AM Post #5 of 6
Naqoyqatsi (the movie) opens next week (in L.A.)! Yay!

Here is the release schedule from naqoy.com......

RELEASE DATES AND LOCATIONS

NEW YORK 18-Oct Angelika
25-Oct Cinema Arts- Huntington
LOS ANGELES 18-Oct Egyptian
CHICAGO 25-Oct Biograph
PHILADELPHIA 25-Oct Ritz
SAN FRANCISCO 25-Oct Lumiere
15-Nov San Rafael Film Center
BOSTON 25-Oct Coolidge Corner
WASHINGTON D.C. 25-Oct Loews Theater - TBD
SEATTLE-TACOMA 25-Oct Neptune
MINNEAPOLIS- ST.PAUL 6-Dec Uptown
PORTLAND, OR 25-Oct Cinema 21
SAN DIEGO 29-Nov Ken

Oct 12, 2002 at 6:44 AM Post #6 of 6
just curious...i really have no idea what you guys are talking about, but i'm thinking of buying this CD simply because you guys mentioned yo yo ma, and the fact that i cant find samples of this soundtracks music anywhere online
rolleyes.gif

is this CD a kind of uplifting CD, or is it really dark, dingy, scary, suspense kind of music?

just wondering....i sorta feel in the mood for some uplifting music right now...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back