Name your favourate ICs??
May 7, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #16 of 31
I haven't heard many, but I have to tip my hat to the Headphile CPU's. Going from the soundcard to the pimeta, you really heard the difference between those and stock cables. It was really striking. Such game little cables. The little cables that could.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2004 at 9:52 PM Post #18 of 31
out of the limited selection I have... my pair of homegrown audio silver lace XLR.

edit: forgot to say the glass optical cables I have.
tongue.gif

May 8, 2004 at 12:24 AM Post #21 of 31
May 8, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #23 of 31
Virtual Dynamics Master Series. When you absolutely, positively, need to hear all of the music, this is the one that does it best for me.

May 8, 2004 at 4:57 AM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD
I'm happy with AudioQuest Copperhead. Also use Acoustic Research pro-series 2 for inferior components.

Hello BigD! How does the AR Pro II compare sonically to the Audioquest Copperhead according to your ears there?

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

May 8, 2004 at 8:44 AM Post #25 of 31
VD Reference is the best I've heard. Eric's Nitrogens are similar, but with some differences. The differences are more preference than "better" or "worse". Nitrogens are more accurate, VD is more dynamic and euphonic. However the Nitrogens are still have very dynamic cable, just not quite to the extent of the VD.

If I had a ton of money, VD Master series would certainly be on the top of my list.

However, my exposure to the infancy stages of digital amplification leads me to believe that analog ICs will become far less common than they are now in the coming years...

-dd3mon

May 8, 2004 at 11:29 AM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawhit
I use Grover Silver Ref in my system source -> headamp and like them a lot.
Previously I have used the Outlaw PCAs (only other decent cable I that I have heard)

Dont really know how much better it can get from here but I am not very eager to find out
biggrin.gif

does Grover have a website anywhere?

May 8, 2004 at 12:04 PM Post #29 of 31
This is a good thread and has actually motivated me to finally sort out the cables and connectors gallery at the ipod studio..
wink.gif
There are now 51 images and counting of IC and headphone cables at the above gallery. If you're like me and need to see these things in front of you before you can get a proper perspective on what's being talked about, that gallery will help you alot.

If you can find images that are missing, please let me know where to find the image and I'll see that it's placed in there immediately.

May 8, 2004 at 12:47 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Hello BigD! How does the AR Pro II compare sonically to the Audioquest Copperhead according to your ears there?

Yo yo yo Alex,
Like I said, I never had the chance to compare them directly. I use copperhead b/t mcintosh c28/sony davs300 and Pro II b/t perreaux/coby dvd515.
Well, you can call me cheap, but I paid $31 for copperhead and $12 for pro II.
I really can't complain since they're quite cheap and infinitely better than freebie cable. I also pick up some pro II optical and component video which will be hooked up tonite. I didn't want to spend more money on optical since I plan to get marantz dv8400 or denon 2900 w/coax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back