Name your favourate ICs??
May 6, 2004 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Fickle-Friend

500+ Head-Fier
So whats your favourate ICs? Why do you like them and where do you use them?....Just curious as usual!

I use Chord The solid, Linn ICs, Van Den Hul Hybrid, Eric343's Nitrogens. I use them between my Cyrus CDP and my PPA. I like to alternate to keep the sound fresh and different.

May 6, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 31

GlowWorm

Headphoneus Supremus
Audioquest - Diamondback
My next upgrade.
580smile.gif

May 7, 2004 at 4:13 AM Post #4 of 31

The Quality Guru

Blah! he says.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Large4mat
Tara Labs Quantum IV are my favorites. Kimber PBJ's are great for the money.

I've tried the Kimber PBJ's, too, and I agree that they're a great value. My favorite IC, however, is the Nordost Blue Heaven, which I hope to get for my system soon. The Blue Heaven used to be a very expensive cable, but now they can be found used at very affordable prices.

May 7, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #5 of 31

Alex Altorfer

1000+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fickle-Friend
I use Chord The solid, Linn ICs, Van Den Hul Hybrid, Eric343's Nitrogens. I use them between my Cyrus CDP and my PPA. I like to alternate to keep the sound fresh and different.

Van Den Hull has a number of hybrid offers. Which one do you use specifically?

Alex
580smile.gif

May 7, 2004 at 10:43 AM Post #7 of 31

Mr.PD

Lives to Take It Outside.
I've been happy with my Audioquest Corals. I use them between my Arcam and my PPA, also between my Sony DVD player and the receiver. I have a pair of Audioquest Viper that I use between the Arcam and the receiver, but honestly I had a hard time discerning much difference between the Viper and the Coral in this application.
I have only tried one other cable and that is the Nordost Solar Wind, which I still use in the bedroom rig. I like the Coral better than the Solar Wind.

I need more cable experience.
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2004 at 12:38 PM Post #8 of 31

rawhit

100+ Head-Fier
I use Grover Silver Ref in my system source -> headamp and like them a lot.
Previously I have used the Outlaw PCAs (only other decent cable I that I have heard)

Dont really know how much better it can get from here but I am not very eager to find out
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2004 at 2:19 PM Post #10 of 31

meat01

Headphoneus Supremus
I like Radio Shack cables or the ones I make myself, because they are cheap and not as fragile as the ones that come with a CD player.

May 7, 2004 at 6:17 PM Post #12 of 31

ipodstudio

Banned: - aka full monty - aka didikossa - aka R1D1 - aka migraineboy - aka setharmstrong - aka threavester - aka Sarah.B - aka javier - aka DoomV1 - aka JIAA
Well, I've only got the Cardas Neutral Reference and haven't even tried them, yet, but they're definately my favourites
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2004 at 6:19 PM Post #13 of 31

ipodstudio

Banned: - aka full monty - aka didikossa - aka R1D1 - aka migraineboy - aka setharmstrong - aka threavester - aka Sarah.B - aka javier - aka DoomV1 - aka JIAA
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
I've been happy with my Audioquest Corals. I use them between my Arcam and my PPA, also between my Sony DVD player and the receiver. I have a pair of Audioquest Viper that I use between the Arcam and the receiver, but honestly I had a hard time discerning much difference between the Viper and the Coral in this application.
I have only tried one other cable and that is the Nordost Solar Wind, which I still use in the bedroom rig. I like the Coral better than the Solar Wind.

I need more cable experience.
biggrin.gif

..and I'll be using mine between my Arcam and PPA
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread