Naim headline 2 impression
Apr 29, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #16 of 76
How do they compare with the other British favorite, Slee Solo SRG? I presume the Naim will have more Prat!

I have narrowed down to the Rudistor NX-03, Slee solo SRG or The Naim Headline for my GS1000. Unfortunately, I cant audition any of them in Australia
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #17 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michgelsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the cost of the NAPSC I assume. The iSupply is a lot cheaper than that, so you can wait with the NAPSC for a while if you really want.

No. It's the iSupply
frown.gif
$368 AUD

But at least Naim don't throw in garbage power supplies like Musical Fidelity do.

Apr 30, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #18 of 76
You could also try this, although I have no experience with something like that. It should work I guess. It wouldn't surprise me if such a power supply would be as good as a HiCap for MUCH less money.

Apr 30, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #20 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leicachamp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do they compare with the other British favorite, Slee Solo SRG? I presume the Naim will have more Prat!

I have narrowed down to the Rudistor NX-03, Slee solo SRG or The Naim Headline for my GS1000. Unfortunately, I cant audition any of them in Australia
confused_face_2.gif

Have you EVER read ANY negative comments about the Naim Headline..? I haven't. I also haven't heard any of the amps you mention, but I have read negative comments about (the) Rudistor. Ordering while not being able to audition is always a risk, so I'd say make the safest choice...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it have the same voltage rail required to power a NAHA? ( 18v or 24v )

Apparently it can be simply configured for anything up to 36 V. See the 'Tech Highlights' section of its site: The σ11 Regulated Power Supply

Apr 30, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #23 of 76
Michgelsen;5647585 said:
Have you EVER read ANY negative comments about the Naim Headline..? I haven't. I also haven't heard any of the amps you mention, but I have read negative comments about (the) Rudistor. Ordering while not being able to audition is always a risk, so I'd say make the safest choice...

If you can listen to a Super-Nait or any Naim amp above the 5-i level, this is "about" what you will get out of the Headline, but it will be a slightly more transparent sound and have a little more "impact", but not in your face at all. The last 2 qualities are just in the nature of headphone amps (I think).

Australia is a big place. So, I am sure their Naim dealers in the larger cities. Not everyone owns Plinius! So, I don't think its market value will be adversely affected if and when you decide to sell it. (but you won't).

Apr 30, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #25 of 76
Quote:

confused_face_2.gif

You can't get to any of these dealers?

*** NUMBERS AUDIO ***

Apr 30, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #27 of 76
hi Kuma
smile.gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #28 of 76
Quote:

The only one that I can probably listen to is the Naim. The Slee audio dealer is in Perth and there is no one importing Rudistor.

Rudistor like some of the other small headphone amps seller, only sell via internet direct, unlike big hifi maker like Naim with distribution chain.

Apr 30, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #30 of 76
The closest Naim dealer to me is over 1 hr away. What I have done is to pulled the trigger on the Headline on Audiogon. It was a good price with the power supplyI can always sell it on this forum if it doesnt suit my system
biggrin.gif

The seller stated that he hated it with his GS1000, which worried me for I have a pair of GS100i. When i questioned him why he didnt like the combo, his explanation was that he was using a harsh sounding Teac DAC and that could be the reason.

I have got a tube NOS Dac which, when I had a naim Nait boogied liked there was no tomorrow.

I keep everyone updated. BTW the Naim will compliment/replace a Darkvoice 336.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back