Nagra PL-P ulitmate portable headamp? :)
Mar 18, 2007 at 9:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

miziq

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.nagraaudio.com/highend/index.php

Anyone tried this. Totaly portable, with tubes and headamp
smily_headphones1.gif

PL-P_page.jpg

Mar 18, 2007 at 11:49 AM Post #2 of 17
Maybe kuma has tried it.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Mar 18, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #3 of 17
Portable? As in a portable amp you can use on the move? No. It weighs 9 lbs. 13 oz. according to the specs. Even if you carried it on your back in a knapsack it would still be pretty heavy. TRANSPORTABLE definitely. It also has built-in lithium rechargeable batteries.

Mar 18, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #4 of 17
Ok
smily_headphones1.gif
transportable. Steel sweet
wink.gif

Mar 18, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #5 of 17
Nagra makes awesome power amps. if you're planning on installing a headphone amp into your motorcycle, go for it, but you're nuts if you're gonna take that along with you. maybe you could use it as a transportable vinyl rig with one of those portable record players!

Mar 18, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 17
smily_headphones1.gif

It's not a plan to cary it round
smily_headphones1.gif
. There is not really much battery powered phono, line tube preamps. I hoped that somene here acutally heard this baby...

Mar 18, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #8 of 17
Jesus Matt
smily_headphones1.gif

Nagra is one of legedary manufacturers. Please check site and facts
evil_smiley.gif
before make such a statement ...

Mar 19, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #9 of 17
I've listened to one lots of times. Only the phono stage though, but it is one of just a handful of great full function preamps ( line and phono stage ) out there. If you guys are interested in one of the best audio shops that is close to vinyl only, save some time to check out " The Analog Room" in San Jose. It's not open on Mondays. The last time I noticed, the Nagra was hooked up to a Basis 2500 sig. turntable/Vector tonearm, Lyra Titan cartridge, the new Ayre monoblocks and Sonus Faber Strat.s. theanalogroom.com
Not much on the headphone front there except lower end Grados, Sudgen Headmaster, and at one time an EAR hp4. But for analog front ends,.. it's a drool fest.!
BTW it's only 15 minutes from the National meet.

Mar 19, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #10 of 17
Sorry to veer off the topic and threadjack a bit, but Nagra just released a new CD player, the CDC, that has a built-in headphone amp (and preamp). Just like the rest of their products, it looks to be built like a tank and costs an arm and a leg.

CDC_angle.jpg

Mar 19, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to veer off the topic and threadjack a bit, but Nagra just released a new CD player, the CDC, that has a built-in headphone amp (and preamp). Just like the rest of their products, it looks to be built like a tank and costs an arm and a leg.

CDC_angle.jpg

It's $10K

Mar 19, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif

CDC_angle.jpg

I've actually listened to this Nagra DAC. It does sound very good, but as usual there were no opportunities to directly A-B it to worthy competitors.

$10K is a lot of money, though..

Mar 19, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a chance to listen to that CD Player at Music Lovers in San Francisco. It is *very* nice. I love their design, totally unique.

Neil

Now I'm totally thread-jacking but Neil and Jon L, I'd love to hear your more detailed impressions of the CDC.

Mar 27, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by miziq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jesus Matt
smily_headphones1.gif

Nagra is one of legedary manufacturers. Please check site and facts
evil_smiley.gif
before make such a statement ...

I don't doubt that the thing exists or will exist in the future, but look at the picture and I would bet money that it is a mock-up. So what I'm saying is the picture is fake, not necessarily the product itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back