NAD VISO HP50 vs Audio Technica ATH-MSR7
Jun 29, 2015 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

wilfred2211

New Head-Fier
Hello there, I have recently saved up 430 dollars for a pair of headphones, BUT I realized i can't have a bad source for great headphones, so I'll need a DAP. Now I have narrowed it down to two pairs of headphones, and two DAP to pair with those specific headphone. I'm open to suggestions, though. The first option is the NAD VISO HP50's paired with a Fiio X1. The other option is the Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 and the Fiio X3ii. Once again, open to suggestions.

Now, I listen to a lot of rock (The White Stripes, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, etc) and also a bit of rap/rock (Hollywood Undead, Flobots), all are either 320 kbps MP3's or ALAC's. I would like forward mids and nice, unobtrusive bass that has good impact. My ears aren't sensitive at all, so fatigue really isn't a problem.

Also, currently I'm using a pair of Bose AE2's mostly on my Mac Mini, which is paired with a SMSL SapII. Also, I use my Moto X 2013 for portable use. And that's where the X3ii's feature to be used as a separate DAC would come in handy, as I don't have a DAC for computer use. And whichever headphone I get, I'll be buying a pair of Brainwavz pads. I own a 128 gb micro sd card, too, so that won't be a problem.

Again, if anyone can come up with a better 430 dollar DAP and headphone combo, I would definitely aprecciate it

Users who are viewing this thread