NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
Jan 1, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #483 of 3,345
Biggest gripe is how freaking ugly these look on my head. Picture speaks a thousand words. This is the first can I actually am hesitant and would be embarrassed to wear in public. Yikes. To NAD's credit, it says right on the box they don't care about my lifestyle, they care about sound, to which i think they've succeeded.

Why don't you bend the headband a bit? I'm pretty sure you could obtain better results...

Jan 1, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #485 of 3,345
these are for portable use right? i won't need an amp to power them?

As others have noted, these are really efficient 'phones, they also come with a mic'd cable which is designed for smartphone use (amps aren't compatible with the mic portion, but should run fine).  So a phone is sufficient enough.  As with most headphones, a different source/amp can make a big difference.  

Their weight also helps them loads as well.  This is actually one of the things it has over the P7 in terms of portability.  The P7 have some weight to them compared to the HP50 (from memory).

Why don't you bend the headband a bit? I'm pretty sure you could obtain better results
To be honest, your head shape doesn't help that much either...

Headband wasn't too flexible IMO.  The Square headband is a little rare, but I don't mind the look.  

Jan 1, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #486 of 3,345
Honestly, these sound too good to care about the shape when it's worn. Have some pride; embrace your inner audiophile knowing what's on your head slays the majority of what people listen to on the streets. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #487 of 3,345
Honestly, these sound too good to care about the shape when it's worn. Have some pride; embrace your inner audiophile knowing what's on your head slays the majority of what people listen to on the streets. :)

+1, definitely worth it. I just need to save a little bit more. Did anybody get to remove the pads? Is it even possible?

Jan 1, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #491 of 3,345
They can't be worse than the Momentum...

are the earpads worse? I was considering the Viso 

They are completely different. The Momentum have smaller pads but my ears sit better inside them. I found them comfier. The NAD have bigger pads but my ears touch the driver, which is very uncomfortable for me. It's a matter of preference. I would search for a thicker pad if I were to get them.

Jan 1, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #492 of 3,345
They can't be worse than the Momentum...

are the earpads worse? I was considering the Viso 

They are completely different. The Momentum have smaller pads but my ears sit better inside them. I found them comfier. The NAD have bigger pads but my ears touch the driver, which is very uncomfortable for me. It's a matter of preference. I would search for a thicker pad if I were to get them.

They're both on-ears for me. lol I did like the feel of the HP50s better.

Jan 1, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #495 of 3,345
  Tyll did, no idea how

NAD_VISOHP50_Photo_inside.jpg

When I see headphones disassembled like that it makes me realize how much money I waste and makes me wonder how they could ever possibly provide good sound, since they look like pieces of plastic crap. I mean, it's like seeing Megan Fox turned inside out. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back