NAD C541i or Denon UD-M30 + Art DIO
Sep 25, 2002 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

HappymaN

500+ Head-Fier
Sonically, is there any competition. I can get the DIO pretty cheap, but the NAD is going to cost me a lot more.

Sep 25, 2002 at 10:10 AM Post #2 of 14
I am also looking at this system atm. Looking at quite a few reviews, it looks like a sweet system. In Australia i have seen it for about $700AU, can it get any cheaper?
Anyone else recommend this system

Sep 25, 2002 at 12:09 PM Post #3 of 14
Sounds like a great price. I've seen it priced at $800AU.

But I purchased some Mission speakers to pair them up with it, as the Australian model comes with a pretty average (but still very good comparitively) set. Your choice.

Sep 26, 2002 at 12:06 AM Post #4 of 14
Wow, it's pretty expensive over there in Australia. I just got my Denon M30 here in sunny Singapore for less than USD$230. Don't know whether it comes with the default Denon speakers in Australia like mine did. Bought a Mission M70 to replace the default speakers. The Mission is much better but from what I can tell they look like they use the same woofer and tweeter. The default Denon speakers are more effecient though although brighter, grainier. Not too bad. The M30 is a great mini-system and the 20W it puts out is pretty powerful.

Sep 26, 2002 at 2:40 PM Post #5 of 14
Hey happyman nice to see u here.
I am from overclockers forum.

Masz, if i am not wrong, denon's speakers are designed and manufactured by mission. Prob thats y they use the same woofer and tweeters.

Will be goin back to singa at the end of the year to check out prices. Cant wait.

Sep 26, 2002 at 10:57 PM Post #6 of 14
Sep 27, 2002 at 5:30 AM Post #8 of 14
I'd be weary as to whether or not the supplied image is accurate. All of the Denon UD-M30's destined for Australia come with Denon manufactured speakers, not the Mission speakers. The picture that they have is from the Denon International website.

Sep 27, 2002 at 10:53 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by HappymaN
I'd be weary as to whether or not the supplied image is accurate. All of the Denon UD-M30's destined for Australia come with Denon manufactured speakers, not the Mission speakers. The picture that they have is from the Denon International website.

Ill check with basement hifi about the speakers.
Thanks for the info
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 27, 2002 at 1:52 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

The speakers are Mission. I was talking to my local dealer and they were saying that in Aus there is some problem with the Mission importer/distributor and that Denon rebadge the speakers.

Sep 27, 2002 at 11:56 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by KrunchyK
The speakers are Mission. I was talking to my local dealer and they were saying that in Aus there is some problem with the Mission importer/distributor and that Denon rebadge the speakers.

They can rebadge as much as they want. As long as they look like these
022497.jpg
they are Mission speakers. Otherwise they are not. If you look closely, these has the Mission label on them not Denon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back