NAD C320 amp + 521i cdp = a good start for me??
Sep 4, 2002 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Flasken

Exhibit A in the case FOR a legal drinking age.
Hi everyone.

I´m looking into improving my cd source before getting a dedicated headphone amp. I believe my money would be wasted if I didn't get a speaker amp at the same time. Supposedly the C320 has a purty good head-out. No dedicated head-amp though, like previous models.

How would the stated combo perform??

Sep 5, 2002 at 6:29 AM Post #2 of 5
The way things go at headfi: Either you get tons of replies or you get NONE..
rolleyes.gif

Sep 5, 2002 at 7:54 PM Post #3 of 5
The best way to find out is to go audition it yourself. If you like it at the end of a demo session and performs well in the room you are going to use it in along with the music that you like then yes it will perform well!

Cheers...

Sep 6, 2002 at 5:48 AM Post #4 of 5
The NAD C320 is an exceptional amp for it's price, and given that NAD most likely designs its CDPs to be well matched with their amps, I would think they would be a good combo.

But, as davidcotton said, the only real way of knowing is to audition them.

Sep 7, 2002 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
Hi everyone.

I´m looking into improving my cd source before getting a dedicated headphone amp. I believe my money would be wasted if I didn't get a speaker amp at the same time. Supposedly the C320 has a purty good head-out. No dedicated head-amp though, like previous models.

How would the stated combo perform??

The 320 is a great amp for the price. I own the 340, which you might also want to consider. As for headphone use, it can drive headphones very well. NAD brags that the integrated headphone socket can drive any non-electrostatic headphones. I can confirm that it sounds pretty good, but I have not tried headphones with very high impedances.

I also own the C520 player and do not recommend it because of all the problems it has reading CDR media and its poor error-correction.
The 521 addresses these issues, so perhaps it is a good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back