Nad 3020 Problems
Nov 6, 2008 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Shizdan

1000+ Head-Fier
SO i have my soundcard Hooked up to my Nad 3020 Through Mini-->RCA and for some reason i can't control the Bass, Treble, Balance or volume on the Nad 3020. The only way i can adjust stuff is from my computer. Any Help
NAD_3020_collage.jpg

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #2 of 5
EQs are for noobs. Don't use 'em and you'll be fine!

Kidding aside, I can't think of a reason they wouldn't be in the loop. Have you tried other inputs? Also I thought you were putting the LD amp in between the sound card and the NAD?

Btw how did your system turn out?

Nov 6, 2008 at 7:45 AM Post #3 of 5
EQs are not for noobs.

The only reason I can think of is that your amp is acting as an isolated power amp, with the preamp section not connected. But from your photo the preout is clearly connected to the normal-in. You could disconnect the normal-in form the preout, then use a seperated preamp to control the volume or perhap act as a higher quality preamp, such as a cmoy or an expensive preamp.

Unless that photo is not actaully your nad since it has the link on it, check to make sure the preout is linked to the normal in.

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #4 of 5
I'm thinking that maybe once the amp detects the presence of a headphone it is bypassing the preamp section, for the most part, and acting mainly as a poweramp. I've seen this situation occur before, although not with NAD gear.

The only other reason I can think of is that you have the RCA's running directly to the jacks labled main in, which would have the amp acting solely as a power amp. Same as terrymx said. Make sure that your jumpers are running between the pre-out and main-in and that your are connecting the RCA's to a line level input.

One other thing, make sure that if you have any kind of 'defeat' switch that it isn't enabled as it might disable the functions described, although I've never really seen a defeat switch take out volume control, just the tone controls.

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #5 of 5
Well the photo is from online. But i tried hooking up the normal in and the pre-amp out together and that seemed to work. But now i have to have my headphone amp on for everything to work. But that will change when i get a long enough RCA to Mini cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back