MZ-E75 battery charger question
Aug 6, 2001 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mackay maus

500+ Head-Fier
Hello all;

I recently picked up an MZ-E75 on ebay. came with the gumpack battery and a charger, but no manual.

I have a uestion about the charger. There's no lights to signify a full charge-will the unit shut itself off when the battery is charged? And can I leave the empty charger plugged into the wall.

thanks all-I've learned a great deal from all (well, some
smily_headphones1.gif
)of you!

matthew

Aug 7, 2001 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 6
Oh dear, Can't leave this post all lonely

When charging, the unit should say on the remote and / or main unit that it is charging, When this is complete the unit does automatically cut off
smily_headphones1.gif

As to leaving the charger connected up, well, you can leave it but personally I unplug all of my chargers when they aren't required just for peace of mind, and also for longevity reasons
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2001 at 9:47 AM Post #3 of 6
Hi;

Appreciate the reply, but am more confused. There doesn't seem to be any place on the charger to plug the MD player in-do you mean the player will charge the battery directly if i use the wall wart rather than the charger?

As is probably painfully cleqr, I'm one of those people who can't wear a digital watch cuz i can't figure out how to change the time.

dazed and confused...

Aug 8, 2001 at 4:06 PM Post #4 of 6
Wait - is this charger one that has a slot for the batteries, or does it have cord that terminates to plug that can be stuck INTO your E75?

Aug 8, 2001 at 4:31 PM Post #5 of 6
It has the slot the battery (NC-6WM) fits into, and the blades to plug into the wall. There is no cord that will attatch to the MZ-E75.

there is a weird little tube that will hold a AA and screws onto the bottom of the MZ-E75. There's a hole for a wall wart power adaptor in this to allow running off household current.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Matthew

Aug 8, 2001 at 4:49 PM Post #6 of 6
ok, mackay maus - I think Duncan assumed the E75 was like most of Sony's current MDs (power cord goes TO the MD, with rechargeable IN the MD...).

I really can't help you if there is no light. Your best bet is probably to COMPLETELY drain the battery (keep turning the MD on, until it won't even do that...). Then, experiment. Start with a conservative time - 1 hour. If that isn't enough for a full charge, redrain, and repeat. Eventually, you should be able to hit on a good time.

Oh, and if this will help - Minidisc.org says that the battery should take 1.5 hours to charge normally.

Hope you solve your problem,

- vijay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back