Mythical Portable AMP/DAC/EQ
Jun 18, 2010 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

PhilipHan

New Head-Fier
I have yet to find a Portable AMP/DAC/EQ | AMP/EQ | DAC/EQ combo...

Maybe something that you can program on the computer with a preset EQ?

Perhaps I haven't gotten to the point yet of learning about soldering in my own "parts" to shape the sound?

Thank you very much.

PS: I'm looking to unleash the Sub Bass out of my HFI-780's. I know it's there, I can hear it. I just don't want to distort/crush/bloat it.

Jun 20, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #5 of 13
and that will help give more sub-bass how?? low power tubes are nothing to write home about IMO and thats being polite

Jun 21, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #6 of 13
I wasn't expecting Sub Bass out of those! I just think it's crazy to walk around with Tube Amps.
More or less for the "Ridiculous Factor".

What would honestly help my Sub Bass? Recabling? DAC? Amp (better then a FiiO E5 obviously)?

Jun 21, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
I wasn't expecting Sub Bass out of those! I just think it's crazy to walk around with Tube Amps.
More or less for the "Ridiculous Factor".

What would honestly help my Sub Bass? Recabling? DAC? Amp (better then a FiiO E5 obviously)?

JH-16 Pro
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 22, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #9 of 13
The headstage arrow 12he is supposed to have a great bass boost.  No firsthand experience though.

Jun 23, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #11 of 13
Heard that the EAP03 sucks so bad...
I just read that it has an OPA2132 chip.

Head Stage Arrow 12HE is $250 and only starts taking order starting July again.

Hmmm, I guess I will have to make one myself once I have enough willpower, motivation, determination, inspiration, and... Money.

Jun 24, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:
Heard that the EAP03 sucks so bad...
I just read that it has an OPA2132 chip.

A pity. I always liked the concept, it seemed like a good direction to go in, trying to providing useful features instead of pimping components. But a good amp section is always fundamental. 

Jun 24, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #13 of 13
I read that the 2227 is warmer has rounder bass... I like the sound of that.

The DSP in it is just a crappy portable version of whatever you may find on your computer, it just create that fake surround sound etc...

I guess my best bet is to make my own or buy one with the right components.
I don't have much cash though so this will be tough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back