MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Mar 31, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #391 of 1,383
These posts are kind of funny - it's like they are ordering from a menu, "oh can we have this color or that wire...?" It's not a build your own type of project. Probably makes sense to just leave it to the developers to determine what they think is best and decide for yourself whether it meets your approval or not.

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #392 of 1,383
These posts are kind of funny - it's like they are ordering from a menu, "oh can we have this color or that wire...?" It's not a build your own type of project. Probably makes sense to just leave it to the developers to determine what they think is best and decide for yourself whether it meets your approval or not.

@hrklg01

i see. thanks for the update. can't wait for the final tuning. and i have to agree with kn19h7, based on the photo the headphone doesn't looks attractive/exciting, that silver finish kinda a turn off

@ampair

thanks for the impression and quick reply! really appreciate it.and the link to the vienna meet,looks great!  

Yes, understood!
For me the color is not important - as I'm color blind! :wink:
But our designer will appreciate any input of course.
BR heinz

No one is demanding anything, but it does seem like he is pretty open to suggestions, so that's all we are doing, raising suggestions that hopefully will give the team ideas to create a better product.

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #393 of 1,383
i don't mind the silver color. if it's looks good,it's look good. from the photo in their website.it's look really good. but from the actual photo that been posted it's looks bad. probably because it's prototype so it's not about the look,its just for sound tuning and mechanical fit. or it's just lighting effect. or it could be because of smudge from fingerprint.  but it could also because the finish. what i'm trying to say is if the finished product in real life looks like that.it could become a problem for some people because it's doesn't look nice enough for 3-4k euros headphone.so maybe they might reconsider the finish. i like delorean dmc12 looks. so i don't have any problem with metallic silver non paint color

i never seen the headphone in real life. i'm just say my opinion based on the photo i saw.i could be very wrong.

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #394 of 1,383
i don't mind the silver color. if it's looks good,it's look good. from the photo in their website.it's look really good. but from the actual photo that been posted it's looks bad. probably because it's prototype so it's not about the look,its just for sound tuning and mechanical fit. or it's just lighting effect. or it could be because of smudge from fingerprint.  but it could also because the finish. what i'm trying to say is if the finished product in real life looks like that.it could become a problem for some people because it's doesn't look nice enough for 3-4k euros headphone.so maybe they might reconsider the finish. i like delorean dmc12 looks. so i don't have any problem with metallic silver non paint color

i never seen the headphone in real life. i'm just say my opinion based on the photo i saw.i could be very wrong.

The headphone prototypes showed in Vienna are made out of 100% untreated 3-D printer parts and everything is filigree. This material and the touch and feel has nothing to do with final samples out of final material and tools. So please do not anticipate anything out of such pics...
The aim was:
> To check with some more people the fit and wearing comfort on the head.
> To get some feedback about the pretty linear adjusted – so totally neutral sounding, but with some emphasis at middle high frequencies especially tuned for female voice and typical Jazz instruments. But the acoustical tune was really difficult to get due to the much too loud surrounding noise. (It's an open headset!).

BR heinz

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #395 of 1,383
The headphone prototypes showed in Vienna are made out of 100% untreated 3-D printer parts and everything is filigree. This material and the touch and feel has nothing to do with final samples out of final material and tools. So please do not anticipate anything out of such pics...
The aim was:
> To check with some more people the fit and wearing comfort on the head.
> To get some feedback about the pretty linear adjusted – so totally neutral sounding, but with some emphasis at middle high frequencies especially tuned for female voice and typical Jazz instruments. But the acoustical tune was really difficult to get due to the much too loud surrounding noise. (It's an open headset!).

BR heinz

i see. thanks for the clarification. it's really great to hear that

about the fit. i really have no idea how the mechanism work. but do people over the meeting have an complaint? like if their head too small or too big for the headphone to fit properly?

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #396 of 1,383
It's really flat till sub bass - but no bass extension

BR heinz

So it will drop off after 60hz?

Also, would you consider sending an early release to Tyll at Innerfidelity? I know not everyone agrees with his views and measurements never tell the whole story, but it would be interesting to see his opinions and measurements of these.

Mar 31, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #397 of 1,383
It's really flat till sub bass - but no bass extension

BR heinz

So it will drop off after 60hz?

Also, would you consider sending an early release to Tyll at Innerfidelity? I know not everyone agrees with his views and measurements never tell the whole story, but it would be interesting to see his opinions and measurements of these.

No! Almost no drop off to low frequencies. But also nö hump.

We will release measurement figures as soon as the final sound adjustment is fixed. No doubt, we are a measurement Company!

Mar 31, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #398 of 1,383
i see. thanks for the clarification. it's really great to hear that

about the fit. i really have no idea how the mechanism work. but do people over the meeting have an complaint? like if their head too small or too big for the headphone to fit properly?

Guys with very big head had Problems. This one will be fixen within the next two month.

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #399 of 1,383
@hrklg01

i see. thanks for the update. can't wait for the final tuning. and i have to agree with kn19h7, based on the photo the headphone doesn't looks attractive/exciting, that silver finish kinda a turn off

@ampair

thanks for the impression and quick reply! really appreciate it.and the link to the vienna meet,looks great!  

Yes, understood!
For me the color is not important - as I'm color blind! :wink:
But our designer will appreciate any input of course.
BR heinz

Off Topic:
Just out of curiosity when you and others say: im color blind , so dont see the color, but what color do you see then if the color is red or green for example? Grey or what do you see?

Other than that, you got a very interesting headphone indeed!

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #400 of 1,383
Please scroll down and look at the pictures
https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rot-Grün-Sehschwäche

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #402 of 1,383
Indeed a very impressive series of prototypes.  Exciting, and do look forward to see the measurements. 

Out of curiousity, can the cushions be wiped down (or replaced)?

Yes, The cushions can be replaced easely. They are fixed magnetically.

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #403 of 1,383
  I feel like the mysphere will truly be the one headphone to rule them all without any of the shortcomings from the k1000, hd800, or utopia. Dead neutral on the harmon target, utopia quality drivers, premium construction in a very light body, incredibly erogonomically shaped, similar open design as k1000 which means a large soundstage. Basically everything I'd ever want
So I think this will be very different from the typical trend of insanely high priced headphones like the he1000, edition 6, lcd 4, utopia, etc which all have very obvious shortcomings in one area or another. But I think the pricing will just lead everyone to believe it's just another company trying to get a money grabber and leave even headfi's general reception unenthusiastic about it. But is it still worth 3k? Nah, even a used hd800 is just borderline in terms of value

What're the HE1K and Utopia's shortcomings? Asking for a friend.

Apr 11, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #405 of 1,383
The Utopia has a very small soundstage, while some might like this, I find that vocals are almost directly in my skull and too close for comfort.

Speaking of comfort, I also don't find them very comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back